PDA

View Full Version : Footwork drills

jwills79
3rd December 2002, 18:24
I would like to know about some footwork drills I could practice to improve my movement. I have found one in Training Methods by Shojin. But I was wondering are there any others a person can practice for solo training. Not to mention any other solo practice techniques for ukemi and conditioning. I have already did an extensive search on the this board. I could not find any information.

drizzt777
3rd December 2002, 18:46
For myself I practice the following everyday if possible:

1) Moving into Ichimonji no kamae (Left and Right)
Remember to move your rear hand over heart. It helps to face an object like a post, or move over a line that's straight to make sure you are off-line.

2) Practice Zenpo Gaiten (front roll)
Practice it over objects, from seiza, from attacks thrown by an uke (if partner is available)

3) (If Partner is available)
Have them swing at you in different ways, such as over the head, at your feet, down your middle, etc., and practice movments such as ichimonji no kamae, pivoting, leaping and rolling under and over the attacks.

These are just a couple of ideas I can give you, and if I worded them wrong I apologize for it. Hope this helps.

In Christ,
Randall Engle
Genbukan Ninpo Bugei

jwills79
3rd December 2002, 19:35
Thanks for the response, I think there was a really good post about this a long time ago. It also included a lot of different ways of walking or movement like leaping and cross steps. I saw it before I became a member of E-Budo. I think the forum was still a Bujinkan forum at that time. I can not find it in search either. If anyone has a link to it or if any of the mderators can help I will most certainly appreciated.

Oni
3rd December 2002, 19:41
Originally posted by jwills79
Thanks for the response, I think there was a really good post about this a long time ago. It also included a lot of different ways of walking or movement like leaping and cross steps. I saw it before I became a member of E-Budo. I think the forum was still a Bujinkan forum at that time. I can not find it in search either. If anyone has a link to it or if any of the mderators can help I will most certainly appreciated.

Most likely the post you are speaking of was lost a while back in the big crash. I am sure you will get some other responses to this question before too long. I'll add some stuff myself later when I get some more time to actually give a useful reply ;)