PDA

View Full Version : clothing

ulvulv
5th December 2002, 11:30
has any of you any experience with daimyooutfitters ? The make gi-obi and hakama to fit,in a variety of colours and materials. Is the quality ok?

Charles Mahan
5th December 2002, 16:33
I have only seen a handful of their products, but generaly the response from others who have purchased from them is pretty positive. Not much help, but better than none I suppose.

Ric Flinn
5th December 2002, 17:20
I have a hakama from Daimyo Outfitters, and it's very well made. The fit is really good, and the price wasn't too bad. My only complaint is with the material, but that's as much my fault as anyone's. I got the "medium cotton" which is lighter weight than what I wanted. But he gives you lots of options for materials. IIRC, it took about 3 weeks to get, which is just what he said.

Emily Egan
6th December 2002, 05:22
I have a lined montsuki, a keikogi, and a han juban from him. The prices are quite resonable for custom clothing, and the quality is good.
--Emily Egan

Gene McGloin
28th February 2003, 19:26
Hi,

Does anybody know if Daimyo Outfitters are still in business? Thanks in advance.

Gene McGloin

Emily Egan
1st March 2003, 05:04
Originally posted by Gene McGloin

Does anybody know if Daimyo Outfitters are still in business? Thanks in advance.
Gene McGloin
Yes, he is, and here is the address:
http://www.daimyooutfitters.com/

Gene McGloin
1st March 2003, 14:40
Originally posted by Emily Egan

Yes, he is, and here is the address:
http://www.daimyooutfitters.com/

Thanks for the reply, Emily.

Regards,

Gene McGloin:)

stevemcgee99
2nd March 2003, 18:44
I ordered a keikogi. The first to arrive was a different color than I expected. I have a crappy laptop and am colorblind, though. The fir was not good, though. I sent it back and got another in a different color for free. It fits better, but the collar is still drooped like a woman's. It's pretty light fabric, I think the Lightweight. It was really inexpensive.

Because I'm such a skinny dude, I should have sent a photo. I think the fitting probs. must have been my fault after reading the above posts. I have definately considered a hakama from them.

renfield_kuroda
3rd March 2003, 03:53
Steve, if you mean the back of the collar was off the neck, then actually that's not a bad fit -- looks pretty cool actually.

Regards,
renfield kuroda

stevemcgee99
3rd March 2003, 18:56
I've never heard that before. Anyway, the color didn't turn out to be what I expected the second time, too. I wear my gi for kendo I got recently now. >>maybe I should wash the two together and see what happens?

renfield_kuroda
3rd March 2003, 23:57
I think it's a personal preference thing...women wear the emon (collar) way off the neck -- the more the sexier; guys usually have the emon right on the neck, but I think that looks a bit stuffy; I like to pull it down a bit and straighten out the whole back, especially across the shoulders...my wife likes it when I wear it a bit off the neck.
Then again for practice you move around so much it's basically pointless!

Regards,
renfield kuroda

Enfield
4th March 2003, 00:21
Originally posted by renfield_kuroda
I think it's a personal preference thing...women wear the emon (collar) way off the neck -- the more the sexier; guys usually have the emon right on the neck, but I think that looks a bit stuffy.They way I was taught was to wear it so that the collar is upright, but not against the neck. One of my kendo manuals (I'm pretty sure it's the ZNKR dictionary) mentions that wearing the collar off the neck is inappropriate for practice.

I guess keiko isn't the time for tarting it up. :p

Gene McGloin
4th March 2003, 14:35
Thanks for the reply, Steve!

Gene

renfield_kuroda
4th March 2003, 23:47
Originally posted by Enfield
They way I was taught was to wear it so that the collar is upright, but not against the neck. One of my kendo manuals (I'm pretty sure it's the ZNKR dictionary) mentions that wearing the collar off the neck is inappropriate for practice.

I guess keiko isn't the time for tarting it up. :p

'Collar up' sounds about right to me.

As for tarting it up during practice, I remember last month at the 26th Annual Kobudo Enbu there were several schools featuring women in full traditional kimono kicking major butt with jo and naginata; several of them stupendously attractive. Use what you got!

Regards,
renfield kuroda

Meik Skoss
5th March 2003, 00:04
Gene,

You have time to post on e-Budo, but not come to practice? That is terrible! Hie thee to the dojo; we're waiting to train with you.

Gene McGloin
6th March 2003, 13:44
D**n, cold busted. Hi Meik. I'm hanging my head in shame as I type, but I will be returning very soon.

Gene