PDA

View Full Version : Shorinji Kempo NYC Website

luar
7th December 2002, 01:57
Gassho

The NYC branch is proud to announce that we have completed the development of our new website at http://www.nyshorinji.org. Tomorrow, we are having a public demonstration and we will pass out this URL to the audience.

It was during the development of this site that we learnd that our dojo was founded by Miyata Sensei in December of 1982 which means we are now celebrating our 20th Anniversary. We will celebrate this milestone with the general public at our demonstration.

We would like to thank the SK online community for the inspiration they have provided in this project.

Happy Holidays

Kimpatsu
8th December 2002, 00:11
Gassho, and congratulations on the 20th anniversary of the NYC branch! Shorinji Kempo keeps on going from strength to strength!
Kesshu,

Tripitaka of AA
9th December 2002, 09:06
That's a lovely site m8. I am halfway through reading it all. Lots of familiar info on there, but it all makes for a good introduction to SK. It reads easily, and comes across as friendly and interesting (which is just how I think of Shorini Kempo, so that's good), no block-smashing, knife-twiddling, posturing and macho blood-fest.

There's a photograph of Kaiso in his Dogi that caught my eye, surely there is a bit of distortion there, was he EVER that skinny? And the official portrait photo of Kancho So Yuki does make her look a little... errr, how to put this.... 80's Dallas/Dynasty or Yakuza/MrsThatcher power-dresser.

Interesting use of "real" photographs of the club Kenshi in action, instead of posed shots of Hombu masters executing perfect-form, impossibly complicated high-grade techniques.

Well done on the site!

tony leith
9th December 2002, 13:02
Using the word 'cool' apropos websites is probably achingly unhip (so last year/month/picosecond), but hell, I thought it was... is that Rob Villiers in some of those pics? Is he still training in NYC? (I'm so far out of the loop up here in bonny Scotland that he could be back in the UK, elsewhere in the States, or in Antartica for all I know..) One of the most technically adept kenshi I've encountered - always has interesting things to say about techniques.. nice guy as well (I'll spare his blushes by going on..)

Tony leith

luar
9th December 2002, 13:37
Originally posted by Tripitaka of AA
There's a photograph of Kaiso in his Dogi that caught my eye, surely there is a bit of distortion there, was he EVER that skinny? And the official portrait photo of Kancho So Yuki does make her look a little... errr, how to put this.... 80's Dallas/Dynasty or Yakuza/MrsThatcher power-dresser.

Interesting use of "real" photographs of the club Kenshi in action, instead of posed shots of Hombu masters executing perfect-form, impossibly complicated high-grade techniques.

Well done on the site!

Gassho

Kaiso will be gaining weight with the next release and So Yuki will have a complete make over as soon as someone tells me where I can find a good portrait of her.

Adios y Gracias

luar
9th December 2002, 13:44
Originally posted by tony leith
Using the word 'cool' apropos websites is probably achingly unhip (so last year/month/picosecond), but hell, I thought it was... is that Rob Villiers in some of those pics? Is he still training in NYC? (I'm so far out of the loop up here in bonny Scotland that he could be back in the UK, elsewhere in the States, or in Antartica for all I know..) One of the most technically adept kenshi I've encountered - always has interesting things to say about techniques.. nice guy as well (I'll spare his blushes by going on..)

Tony leith

The man you once knew as Robert Villiers now drinks cold beer, eats french fries, corrected his accent and has been fully assimulated into the Borg. He also assisted me with the editing of the content.

Kimpatsu
9th December 2002, 23:05
Originally posted by luar
The man you once knew as Robert Villiers now drinks cold beer, eats french fries, corrected his accent and has been fully assimulated into the Borg. He also assisted me with the editing of the content.
In other words, he's dumbed down... :D