PDA

View Full Version : Kaiho Shorinjikempo magazine

Enigma
5th December 2002, 23:51
Hey guys
Just wondering how I could get a subscription to the magazine Kaiho Shorinjikempo.
Thankyou

John Babic

Anders Pettersson
8th December 2002, 09:52
Originally posted by Enigma
Just wondering how I could get a subscription to the magazine Kaiho Shorinjikempo.
Gassho.

Hi John and welcome to e-budo.
(I split this from the original thread about the technical video.)

The Kaiho Shorinjikempo magazine is a monthly magazine that all Japanese kenshi get. In Japan all kenshi pay 4000 yen each year as an individual membership fee to Hombu, this fee basically covers the cost for the Kaiho magazine. For WSKO branches we only pay a yearly fee to Hombu for each branch, for countries in the class A I think we pay 5000 yen each year.

As kenshi outside of Japan we can get a subscription of the magazine if we pay 4000 yen to Hombu (I think they call it "friendly member"). You can make the subscription via your shibu-cho (branch master).

There are also some alternatives to pay more :) as "supporting member" and "gold member" (if I remember correctly from the top of my head since I don't have any copy of the magazine availoable right now at work).

The Magazine is only in Japanese, but even though I don't read much Japanese I find some of it interesting anyway. At least one can get some info that otherwise wouldn't be available.

/Anders