PDA

View Full Version : Theme for 2003

El Guapo-san
11th December 2002, 09:58
George Ohashi's site says that the theme for 2003 will be "Themes for 2003 are Juppou-sesshou, Kunai, Ninja-tou, Tessen, Kyoketsushoge.
(No specific Ryuha for Taijutsu.)".

I can see where some ryu-ha might be inferred, but not explicitly stated. I'll definitely have to go to seminars to keep up on this one, otherwise my relaltive beginner's formlessness will dissolve into ungainly nothingness.

Any thoughts?

J. Vlach, Amsterdam

Tamdhu
11th December 2002, 17:12
All I can say is I'm a big fan of tessen.

shinbushi
11th December 2002, 17:37
Originally posted by Tamdhu
All I can say is I'm a big fan of tessen.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/cwm/cwm/puke.gif

Jim_Jude
11th December 2002, 18:17
Well, Tessen, would that be Kukishin Ryu or TYR, maybe? I love tessen techniques, you can use practically anything, MagLites, whatever.

Looks like Soke's gonna get into the Ninjutsu this coming year. Cool.

Oh, where the heck are we supposed to get a "training" kunai? Is someone already making a bunch of them out of lexan or something? If not, someone should be.

bgigas
11th December 2002, 18:45
This may be a stupid question, but what is Juppou-sesshou. I know what the other weapons are, but I can't seem to find info on this one.

thanks, ;)

BrianK
11th December 2002, 20:18
Actually, to answer Jim Judes question about where to buy the kunai and such. My brother in law (a famous knifemaker) and I have been in dicussions about using his shop sometimes during the month to do "special projects". We have been working on designs for what we consider odd ball training implements such as kyoketsu shoge, kabuto wari, and such. Now it seems to be a great time to start it up. So, I am meeting with him this weekend to finalize things and see about getting the ball rolling. Discussions will be about what materials, quality, pricing, what to make from training tools, to the real deal. Other than training toys, he is also doing modifications to swords. These are the Hanwei Paul Chen swords that have been reworked with longer handles and or shorter lenghth to make the swords more usable. My sword, after the mod, came out with a very alive feel. The question we have is whether not this is marketable, and if so what are people willing to pay. So if any of you have any input on what you you would like to see and how much you would be willing to pay it let me know.

As for who this "famous" knife maker is. I am holding that information for now as I do not want his phone and email flooded with questions prematurely.

Later,
Brian Klenik

Jeff O
11th December 2002, 20:53
Originally posted by bgigas
This may be a stupid question, but what is Juppou-sesshou. I know what the other weapons are, but I can't seem to find info on this one. thanks, ;)
No such thing as a stupid question, just stupid answers. Have a look at http://www.kutaki.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=397&forum=14 for more information about this. Shawn Gray explains it very well.

My limited understanding is that Juppo Sessho has to do with the universal law or principle of withholding or taking and receiving during an interaction. Apparently, Hatsumi Sensei went over this about seven years ago for a few months in Japan. I do not speak Japanese, but my friends who do have said that this may be a difficult concept to understand, especially for non-Japanese speakers due to the history and depth of the subject. I am sure it will be exciting nonetheless.

skuggvarg
13th December 2002, 07:58
I have a vague memory of some katas from Kukishin Ryu beeing called something like "Juppo Sessho no ..." or so. I believe they are Jutte katas. Does anyone have more information on that?

Regards / Richard M

poryu
13th December 2002, 21:50
Hi

heres the kuki jutte stuff

Juppô Sesshô no Jutsu

Kiri no Ichiyo
Rakka Gorin Kudaki
Mizu Tori
Mawashi Dori

Baio
14th December 2002, 02:31
Originally posted by Jim_Jude
Well, Tessen, would that be Kukishin Ryu or TYR, maybe? I love tessen techniques, you can use practically anything, MagLites, whatever.

Looks like Soke's gonna get into the Ninjutsu this coming year. Cool.

Oh, where the heck are we supposed to get a "training" kunai? Is someone already making a bunch of them out of lexan or something? If not, someone should be.

there was a training kunai on here http://www.n-i-n.com/CustomTools1.html i jst received my 50 bokken withhuge tsuka and it's great you can send an email to get te training kunai made i think they were wood or lexan. Everything Dick makes is super high quality

John Lindsey
14th December 2002, 03:04
Was anyone else at the SKH ninja festival when Hatsumi S. taught kunai? I think I still have a betamax video of it here...

1986?

Baio
16th December 2002, 14:56
I just got a reply from my email to Dick Severance, he said he's selling oak Kunai for 20 bucks and his kyoketsu shoge is thirty. I have the shoge and it's great as are all his other weapons. I'm not sure if he makes any ninja-to type bokken but you could just buy one of his and cut the blade, and i found out that the containers for kodak advantix film fit exactly in the saya of his bokken, and i mean perfectly, for mestubushi practice.