PDA

View Full Version : New Shorinji kempo equipment site.

mike burger
12th December 2002, 01:27
Hi everyone,
Good news as there is a new site for getting Shorinji kempo equipment.
It appears to be mainly aimed at British kenshi, but, don't quote me on that.
http://www.kinteki.com[/URL]

Kimpatsu
12th December 2002, 13:57
Gassho.
It does look like Isami have done a deal with these people to supply Shorinji Kempo equipment.
I'm pleased. Does anybody else have either an opinion or, more importantly, experience of these people?
Kesshu.

tb055
12th December 2002, 14:51
Yep, certainly do. The guy who runs it is a kenshi from Brixton dojo called Jason. I haven't ordered from the site, but have met and trained with Jason several times and he is a good guy (and pretty good at randori as I have found to my cost ;)). He has managed to get distribution rights for Isami for UK. Hope this gives you a bit more info.

gassho

Steve Williams
12th December 2002, 22:51
Yes Jason is one of Mizuno sensei's students from Brixton.... he is a "good guy" and has the blessing of the BSKF to supply some of the stuff that we previously supplied (basically he can do a more proffessional job of it).

I would have no qualms about ordering from him..... in fact I need a new gi.... (notice gi Tony.... ;) ) might just take a look now, wonder if he will give me discount if I keep praising him? :D

Kimpatsu
12th December 2002, 23:16
No, Steve, dogi. Stop trying to vex me. ;)
I know Jason, too. Great guy. OK, site is trustworthy. Next step, I guess, is to use it.

Anders Pettersson
13th December 2002, 01:14
Gassho.

Good thing to have a supplier of Isami dogi in Europe, a little high on prices though. It wouldn't really save me anything to order from him instead of ordering directly from Isami in Japan. But I guess for you guys in London it will be convenient.

Anyway I really like the Isami dogi and can recommend their dogi, so if you guys say Jason is a good guy I guess his going to do some good business.

mike burger
13th December 2002, 02:33
Hello again,
Do you mean Jason King?? If so, I know him to be a desent bloke, as i've trained with him before and he did a good job helping us clean out the beer machine in Tokyo, for the 50th aniversery taiki. Anyway I digress.
Mike Burger.

Steve Williams
13th December 2002, 14:49
Yes Mike.

It is Jason King....... (the Brixton Kenshi, not the 70's TV star... department S, anyone else remember??)

Tripitaka of AA
13th December 2002, 18:23
Remember?... No! But I know the program :D .

I worked with Paul Newman, James Dean and Tom Cruz. I went to school with Margaret Rutherford and later Tracy Shaw. Unfortunately, none of them were the famous actor/actress that went on to make the name famous.

Kimpatsu
13th December 2002, 23:12
Originally posted by Steve Williams
Yes Mike. It is Jason King....... (the Brixton Kenshi, not the 70's TV star... department S, anyone else remember??)
Personally, I've always thought Aosaka Sensei looked most like Jason King...

Steve Williams
14th December 2002, 06:56
Tony..... NO!!!!!!

That is one of the unmentionable things, which we do not mention.......

(seems to be an english thing... since we all seem to see/know/notice as well, just that some things are better left unsaid ;) )

Steve Williams
14th December 2002, 06:59
Originally posted by Kimpatsu

Personally, I've always thought Aosaka Sensei looked most like Jason King...

These views are those of Tony Keehoe only, and are not necessarily the views of any kenshi, living or dead, or (in Tonys case) soon to be dead... ;) :D :D

Kimpatsu
14th December 2002, 10:01
I know I'm soon to be dead, but Aosaka Sensei will have to get in line. BTW, Mori Sensei at the Shin-Osaka Doin does a wicked impersonation of Aosaka Sensei.

Kimpatsu
14th December 2002, 10:25
These views are those of Tony Kehoe only, and are not necessarily the views of any kenshi, living or dead, or (in Tony's case) soon to be dead... ;) :D :D
Surely equating Aosaka Sensei to a television hero, who was mightly popular in his day, is a compliment? :confused:

Tripitaka of AA
14th December 2002, 12:47
Originally posted by Kimpatsu

... who was mightily popular in his day...

And I think that might be the key phrase here....

Does he still have that nice white suit? Not so much Randall and Hopkirk Deceased", more like a cheesecloth Tony Manero...

Is that the sound of running feet, oh yes, they're mine!:(

Kimpatsu
14th December 2002, 23:48
It's not my fault that Department S was cancelled.

Steve Williams
14th December 2002, 23:51
Originally posted by Tripitaka of AA

Does he still have that nice white suit

Well.... (and you didn't hear it from me) yes :eek: .... well 1 1/2 years ago he did, not been to a "suit type function" that he has been at since.

You did mean Jason didn't you :D ;)

Kimpatsu
14th December 2002, 23:54
You did mean Jason didn't you :D ;)
Yes; Jason King.

mike burger
15th December 2002, 02:34
Hello everyone,
I guess my mentioning the name Jason King has started some interesting simularities. And to the risk of some poor kenshi as well.
Mike Burger.
p.s. I think Sensei Asoka is a sharp dresser.
p.p.s Alright, I'm being a creep.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kimpatsu
15th December 2002, 11:50
While we're on the subject, then, does anyone else think I look like John Steed? No? How about Emma Peel... ;)