PDA

View Full Version : Problem viewing "member's lounge"!!!

WJ55
12th December 2002, 21:44
Every now and then, when I try to click on a certain part of a website, my web browser for some strange reason just flicks off, and closes.

This began happening about a month ago when I would try to click on the link to the member's lounge, or use the navigation box at the bottom of the screen to get into it. The only access I seem to have, is if I click on a link to an individual thread that someone has pasted into their post.

I am using Microsoft IE v. 6.0 on Windows XP. My cookies for this site seem to work fine for everything else, and I was just wondering if anyone had the same problems.

Thanks!

MarkF
14th December 2002, 20:18
Hi, Walt,
I know some have had problems with XP, so I'm still running 98 2nd with IE6. But have you tried clearing your cookies and relogging on? In the past, there were times I had to do that for three or more sessions in a row, and other times, I've been fine for a year or more.

John is running Windows XP so he should be able to offer more help. I just thought it may be worth trying a few times.

I do hope that helps, but it is off the top of my shoulders.;)

Mark

WJ55
6th January 2003, 21:26
I finally figured out what happened:

I must of accidentally put the link on my pop up blocker's target list.

But Mark, if you're reading this, thank you for your reply and your help was appreciated.