PDA

View Full Version : Questions to be answered....

J.Goldschmidt
19th December 2002, 00:22
Well befor i get to my questions, id like to introduce myself... Im Joshua from Chicago, and im currently taking Ninjitsu... ummm yeah new to the forums here at e-budo.. and hi!

ok down to my questions, im in Bujinkan, and i wanted to know the difference from the type of ninjitsu im doing compared to the other types ive heard of like Genbukan or Jinenkan?

oh... this might be a weird subj. but whos this guy Ashida Kim, whats his deal? like when i ask whats up no one will tell me....

Thanks for your time guys -
Joshua Goldschmidt

J.Goldschmidt
19th December 2002, 00:36
anyone? please? i see view but no replies

kimq
19th December 2002, 00:41
I highly suggest you search this BBS's archives. Trust me. These questions have been answered before. The answers are in the archives.

Michael Coleman
19th December 2002, 01:32
Dear Mr. Goldschmidt,

I agree with the first person who responded. These questions have been answered before. -- However, the best way to know for sure (at least where the Genbukan is concerned) is to come to see Tanemura Sensei personally.

Milwaukee is only 1.5 hours away (with good traffic), so please check out my website (http://futen.spsp.com) for all the info. -- Good luck with your training!

Sincerely,

Michael Coleman

Tamdhu
19th December 2002, 16:24
i wanted to know the difference from the type of ninjitsu im doing compared to the other types ive heard of like Genbukan or Jinenkan?

The 'type' of ninjutsu is essentially the same. All three spring from the same source but are now discrete entities, taking on lives and attributes of their own. It is the 'personality' of the training that you will find different in each. To learn more on this you will have to experience them for yourself. I have only experienced Bujinkan training.

whos this guy Ashida Kim, whats his deal? like when i ask whats up no one will tell me

There's not much to tell. He has no background in Japanese martial arts but has been writing books about 'ninjitsu' for many years now. What he writes about/teaches has no relation to what you will learn and experience in an x-kan dojo. His behaviour on-line and in his writing is of the unintentionally humorous "I am a super-secret martial-arts wizard and debonaire jet-set man of the world, I hold the powers of shadow at my fingertips and blah blah blah blah." Basically a real-world 'Doctor Smith' a-la Lost In Space. He is a popular target or point of reference wherever mud is slung in the name of ninja this or ninja that. His sense of 'secrecy' and persecution is attractive to young lonely males who are looking for a sense of empowerment in their lives without having to really do anything more than take pictures of themselves posing with swords in black costumes, making websites and trading bomb-recipes on-line.

Does that help in any way to answer your questions?

As others said, there is a LOT already posted on these topics on this board and elsewhere. Please look and do some research for yourself and feel free to draw your own conclusions.

Happy Training!

J.Goldschmidt
19th December 2002, 23:15
Thank you so much everyone! you have all been very kind and very helpfull.

till next time -
Joshua Goldschmidt