PDA

View Full Version : Genjutsu

eddie
20th December 2002, 07:50
Hello everyone. I found a subject called "Genjutsu". I believe that is ninja magic. However I did some research and found nothing. Can anyone recommend a resource?

eddie
20th December 2002, 07:56
Sorry about that. I do not know why I typed Eddie in the subject box. Also if you get any information on Genjutsu let me know, okay?

Tamdhu
20th December 2002, 16:19
The reason you typed 'eddie' in the subject box is because I made you, with the awesome magic power of my Genjutsu.

Now dash off like a good fellah before I floor you with the indominatable power of my bean-burrito and cheap beer fueled powers of gasseous ninja yogen!

; )

HitokiriBattousai
21st December 2002, 02:50
Ah, Eddie, I am glad that you are back. After a hard day's work it's nice to sit back and chuckle.

kirigirisu
21st December 2002, 07:23
I still say that our intrepid Teenage Mutant Ninjer Wannabe check out this place (http://www.realultimatepower.net) and find out what REAL Ninjers are all about before posting stuff culled from third-hand accounts of the Anarchist's cookbook all over internet-land.

You gots to figure, I've gots my Ninjer Stars, I've gots my Ninjer Booties, I've gots my Ashida Kim books, hell, I must be a Ninjer after all!

Wishing you maximum verifiable fastest FLIP-OUT!

Please excuse me while I kick yer mom in the face...

Marc Coppens
21st December 2002, 20:29
Dear Eddie,

If you are really interested in these things I suggest you should join one of the kans. Don't forget it will take many years of sincere and hard training and a serious level of maturity before even the least bit of the special stuff will be shown. And of course it also takes a long time before you will be trusted (not only you, everybody)and also some of the special stuff will never be shown because of it's dangerous nature. Some of it can be considered as obsolete anyway.
If you don't want to join one of the kans I suggest you should forget about al this. It could lead you down instead of up.

Sincerely yours,

Marc Coppens - renshi
Genbukan Tenzan dojo - Belgium

eddie
21st December 2002, 20:32
Thank You Marc.

Soulend
23rd December 2002, 05:05
Hi Eddie.

1. Here (http://www.e-budo.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=107215#post107215) you seemed to be enrolling or enrolled in a dojo. Couldn't your sensei help you with these questions?

2. Here (http://www.e-budo.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=115391#post115391) you say that you will not post any more on e-budo. Are you not a man of your word?

You need to join a dojo that teaches something real, whether it be ninpo taijutsu, judo, karate, or kendo. There are way more beneficial things to learn than how to make primitive explosives or 'ninja magic'.

eddie
23rd December 2002, 05:17
Thats true but i decided to come back and see if this place has "changed" but it has not. Anyways I did go to that school a few times. Have not been back because of my parents schedule is so complicated that i can never attend. Soon however I will be able to attend more.

Soulend
23rd December 2002, 05:37
LOL...and how would you expect it to change, Eddie? Become filled with Ashida Kim acolytes who will tell you how to make bombs and strike people dead with a touch, while dispatching astral spies to smite your enemies?

I know that you feel that most people here just make fun of you for the heck of it, but you should understand that quite a few people on this board have been training in legitimate schools for many, many years and yet have scant interest in making poisons and grenades and the like. Because such things are of little importance anymore.

I hope that you may resume training soon, and that the school is good. Learning how to live a life which is peaceful yet unafraid, humble yet self-assured, and kind yet confident is more important than learning to fling shuriken into the foreheads of one's enemies.

In my opinion anyway. Best of luck in your training.

eddie
23rd December 2002, 05:41
Well even though thats your opinion. Who said i want to learn how to make grenades??? Also I am interested in "reading" manythings. If you knew me in person and you came up to me alot you will always notice I am reading something. Also about the things you mention. Do you think I dream to go do those things? NO! OF COURSE NOT!! I AM NO FOOL!!

"Better to know it and not need it then Need it and not know it!!!"

shinwa
24th December 2002, 06:03
Well realistically speaking every Martial art out there teaches you how to kill the second they show you how to strike a man in the throat. Of course you may never need to use these things but they're taught for their historical significance if for nothing else. There really is no harm in knowing, unless you're a wacko of some sort. If there are things that are historically tied to Ninjutsu I see no reason to jump on a kid on a MB for being interested in these things. Not much of the knowledge we accumalate in our lives is applied anyway. I'm never going to build a nuke but a program detailing certain aspects of their construction can be pretty interesting. Lighten up man, I may be steping over the line but why are experienced martial arts acting like this :eek:

If Ninja of the old school belived in doing all of these zany things through magic or ki, so be it. So what if someone wants to learn more about it. So what.

WJ55
24th December 2002, 06:23
[QUOTE]Originally posted by eddie
I AM NO FOOL!! [/QUOTE

I believe you were meaning to say- "I'm not a fool."

You're right, Soulend- It's pretty chilly in this room!;)

Rodgers
6th January 2003, 11:20
I'm curious, is "Genjutsu" 'sorcery' or just 'conjuring'? Was it intended to simply entertain or to actually gain an advantage?

-Benjamin Rodgers

paolo_italy
7th January 2003, 09:06
hello,
read "essence of ninjutsu", there's a chapter about that...
greetings,

Moko
9th January 2003, 04:58
Somebody actually adressed the kid's quetion.

Start in Hatsumi's book. There are lot of Genjutsu skills. Money making skills. Taking a kick in the frank 'n beans is one of the more famous genjutsu skills.

One other point Eddie, countless people have told you to find a teacher and train. You cite scheduling difficulties with your parents lives. Bummer. You're telling me that a martial artist or warrior wanna-be can't walk, jog, cycle, take a bus, hitch a ride with your friends, make friends at the dojo and arraing rides with them? You're telling me this is stopping you from training? Gee Eddie sucks to be you. Luckily all of us are here to make yuor life easier.

Rodgers
10th January 2003, 05:25
Hello,
I don't have "Essence of Ninjutsu" and it is not at the top of my most wanted list, but thankyou for the reference. I only wanted to know whether Genjutsu would be practiced by Harry Potter or Harry Houdini, so I guess it contains both sorcery and conjuring. What is it's focus?

-Benjamin Rodgers