PDA

View Full Version : Dojo

silent_mind
22nd December 2002, 15:02
Hi there!
Does anyone know of a ninjutsu or ninpo dojo in South Wales, UK ? Preferably in Cardiff.
I was thinking of trying a few classes, can someone sum up what it is ? What do you learn?

Cheers
Andy W

John Anderson
22nd December 2002, 16:27
Hi Andy,

Our training is not actually based in Cardiff but we're only about 30 minutes away in the Valleys. If you're interested in our group, please PM me for details.

2003 is going to be a great year for training in South Wales as we're currently making arrangements for a 3 day seminar which will be held next October with Manaka Sensei of the Jinenkan. The theme for the seminar will be Togakure Ryu Ninpo Taijustu and Bikenjutsu and I personally believe that this will be the best opportunity to receive quality training in this school which has ever been available in the UK. Again, if you want more info on this, please PM me for details.

Rokushakubo
2nd January 2003, 10:51
Andy,

When I was in university in Cardiff between 4 and 7 years ago, there were no groups within easy reach (since I didn't and still don't drive!). I was eventually pointed in the direction of a new club in Pontypridd by John Anderson, but I gather the instructor (Ryan) has now moved. (How's it going, John, BTW? :) )

Now, there seem to be several in the area. I had an email from some guy the other day who says there's a training group in Penarth. I don't actually have the club address, but the instructor is Marc Moor (I recognise the name, but I don't think I've met him). I have emailed this guy back for details so I'll let you know if and when he responds.

Evan London
2nd January 2003, 12:10
Andy,

There is a Jinenkan training group in or near Cardiff. If you contact the Honbu at jinenkan@earthlink.net they should be able to connect you with them.

Good luck!
Ev

poryu
3rd January 2003, 09:58
Hi

Ryan now live sin Stoke on Trent and is still active running a dojo in that area.

Hi John A - happy new year to you