25th December 2002, 17:16
Systema
Seminar
Taught by
Vladimir Vasiliev
February 8th and 9th 2003
At the Dojo of the Four Winds
Encinitas California

This is a comprehensive two day seminar on Systema taught by Vladimir Vasiliev. Vladimir, a former Spetsnaz operative, is the foremost student of Mikhail Ryabko in the western hemisphere. Vladimir’s personal skills and teaching abilities are truly exceptional. Vladimir studied at the Moscow Spets Institute, with ten years extensive military experience with the Special Operations Unit in Spetsnaz. He is a former trainer for the Russian Paratroopers, Swat Teams and Elite Bodyguards.
Systema is an ancient Russian martial art that dates from the 10th century. It was nurtured in the Russian Orthodox monasteries and in the Russian culture until the Russian Revolution of 1917 when the Russian culture was surpressed by the communists. Systema became the pervue of a few elite Spetsnaz (Special Operations) Units of the Russian military. These units underwent intense training in Systema and used it frequently in the many decades of modern warfare. These ancient physical, mental, and psychic techniques have proven themselves invaluable in modern practical application.
Systema contains a deep spiritual imperative as well as it’s martial imperative. As has been true with certain warrior systems in other cultures morality is essential to living an honorable life. Your art should reflect your life and your life should reflect your beliefs. You should be a good person as well as a good warrior, the two cannot be separated. The Systema operating system is faith based which reflects it origins in the ancient Russian culture.
Articles in regards to Systema as well as Information on the location of the Dojo of the Four Winds is located at http://www.dojoofthefourwinds.com. The cost for the two day seminar is $150.00. Mat space is limited so it will be necessary to register as soon as possible.

For information contact
James Williams
james@bugei.com
760 753-2060
www.dojoofthefourwinds.com
Checks can be mailed to
James Williams
337 Melrose St.
Enicinitas, CA 92024

Cady Goldfield
13th January 2003, 18:15
Wish I could attend this seminar, but I don't have enough $$$ to get out of Massachusetts right now. I've heard there is a Systema school in this area though. Can anyone tell me about it?

tmanifold
13th January 2003, 19:43
http://www.russianmartialart.org/
try there. The head instructor is Arthur Sennott, he seems like a decent enough guy but I have only talked to him via an online forums so find out for yourself.

James Williams
13th January 2003, 21:57
Cady,

Go see Arthur. He will be a good guy to help you check out Systema. If you have a hard time contacting send me an email and I will help.

Take Care,

James

Cady Goldfield
14th January 2003, 12:53
Thanks, gentlemen.

Cady

Arthur
17th January 2003, 09:58
As I've said before on other boards, your welcome to come down and check it out... no charge.

I'd still be interested in playing show and tell with the Aiki/ Systema. Your teacher is of course welcome as well. If either of you would like to drop by, I'd be happy to turn the class over to you. I think students of both our arts have an awful lot to gain from each otherand if I can speak for my students mind... many are interested in seeing more Aiki.

Arthur
Systema: New England

Cady Goldfield
19th January 2003, 04:55
Thank you, Arthur. My apologies for a faulty memory. I've been having "middle aged moments."

I appreciate your openness. From what James has described of Systema, there seems to be much at its root that we would find familiar (as well as other aspects that sound quite unique to Systema).

Regards,
Cady