PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Your Favourite Reindeer?

Kimpatsu
28th December 2002, 00:11
And now, in the true spirit of Christmas (although my Christmas spirit mostly comes out of a bottle), I pose the following question: Which of Santa's reindeer do you think should lead the sleigh? Remember to justify your answers!
Ho ho ho! :D

BigJon
28th December 2002, 03:13
Sean Connery. Whoops, wrong thread.LOL.

Jon Gillespie

Steven Malanosk
28th December 2002, 03:33
I dont really care about reindeer, but I'll tell you a Santa story.

It was Christmas Eve 1965, on New York City's Lower East Side.

My father came home at around midnight, and asked me, "what the hell are you doing up?"

I told him I was waiting for Santa Claus.

He said, "Oh, wait a minute, I think I hear him now."

He went out the window, and up the fire escape to the roof.

I heard 3 gun shots, and soon my father came back through the window.

He said, "You can go to sleep now. I just shot the bastard."

TRUE STORY.

Ahhhhhhhh memories.....................................

Kimpatsu
28th December 2002, 05:10
Originally posted by Jon G.
Sean Connery. Whoops, wrong thread. LOL.
Oh, I don't know, Jon. Given the amount Connery drinks, both he and Rudolph have bright red noses... :beer:

Shitoryu Dude
28th December 2002, 05:32
Who on Earth can actually remember all the names without looking them up? Tony, are you getting a little light in the loafers? :p

:beer:

Kimpatsu
28th December 2002, 05:36
It's a good trivia question at parties, Harvey. Now name the Brady Bunch. I'll post the answer in a little while.

PHILBERT
28th December 2002, 06:00
The dad: Michael "Mike" Brady
The mom: Carol Tyler-Martin-Brady

The maid: Alice Nelson

The 3 sons (In order):
Gregory "Greg" Brady
Peter Brady
Robert "Bobby" Brady

The 3 daughters (In order)
Marcia Brady ( :kiss: :nw: )
Jan Brady
Cindy Brady

Kimpatsu
28th December 2002, 06:07
Jesus Christ, Scott, I didn't think anybody would get them all. I was going to dazzle Harvey with my eidetic prowess, and you've ruined all the fun! Well done!
Now name all of the Tomorrow People, in order of joining the team. :D

PHILBERT
28th December 2002, 06:25
John
Carol
Kenny
Stephen Jameson
Elizabeth M'Bundo
Tyso Boswell
Patricia Conway
Michael Bell
Hsui Tai
Andrew Forbes

Kimpatsu
28th December 2002, 06:48
I don't believe this! Scott, you are the biggest nerd on e-budo! For that you win a special prize! How long have you been following the Tomorrow People, and where do you get your information from! I never thought an American would be able to name the characters from a low-budget British SF show! Wow! I'm not worthy! :nw:

Kimpatsu
28th December 2002, 06:51
Now name all of Blake's 7, in order of joining. Bonus points for naming the actors as well.

PHILBERT
28th December 2002, 07:03
Ok, I admit, I cheat :p, I just have my methods (http://www.imdb.com), however I knew most of the Brady Bunch because my family is pretty much it (including a Peter and a Greg). 5 sons on my mom's half, 2 step brothers (who are married, one who has 3 kids), a step sister (with 2 kids), 3 cousins (one who has SIX kids), etc. So pretty much we compare our family to the Brady Bunch.

However I do remember the Tomorrow People being on Nickelodean in the early 90s, never did really catch it though. I was too busy watching Are You Afraid of the Dark? and Rugrats. SNICK (Saturday Night Nickelodean) so 0\/\/|\|3D

Kimpatsu
28th December 2002, 08:31
Scott, when I was a kid (many centuries ago now), all I could dream of was becoming a Tomorrow Person. My friends were the same. I mean the 1970s original, not the 1990s reincarnation, which lacked the panache of the original. I guess the show only worked before kids became hip and streetwise.
So, who were Blake's 7?

Joseph Svinth
28th December 2002, 20:09
Paul Darrow ("Avon") played Bond's doctor in "Die Another Day," but the part was evidently cut. He's also the voice for PlayStation 2's "Primal."

Meanwhile, Steven Pacey will soon be playing Tony Blair.

I have my sources, too. ;)

Kimpatsu
28th December 2002, 23:59
Josette Simon rejoined the Royal Shakespeare Company, and has been playing with them at the Barbican in London.

Joseph Svinth
29th December 2002, 08:51
Alas, but Zen is no more.

PHILBERT
30th December 2002, 05:49
Sorry, I can't name Blake's 7, even if I looked them up (which of course I did). While I am a nerd, I'm more of the preppy nerd. I am picky about my sci-fi stuff (I don't like Star Trek though I've seen the films, show boring), don't like Babylon 5 or those Gene Roddenberry shows. I love though corny sci-fi movies from like the 50s, those rule. MTS:3000, I use to watch that show all the time for about 6 months (sadly I didn't find that show on tv until 6 months before my 16th b-day and then began working every weekend morning :( )

However, my best friend is uber-nerd. He loves Star Trek and all that stuff. If you look at both of us, you think we are so much alike but everything about us is different. He loves Star Trek and tolerates (more than I do on Star Trek) Star Wars. I love Star Wars and tolerate Star Trek (I like the newer movies though, never cared for Kirk's Enterprise, childhood trama, just don't ask, long story). He loves European weapons, I love Asian weapons. He loves guns, I don't like guns. He perfers big, flashy martial arts (Bagua, Tai Chi, Hung Gar, etc) I perfer direct arts (Judo, Wing Tsun). He likes dressing nicely (and I mean NICE), I perfer Abercrombie & Fitch. Both of us our preps, him much more classy and me much more young teenager to early 20s. But to people who view us they just think we are so much alike.

Why I typed this I don't know. But I'd put $ down that if the Tomorrow People or Blake's 7 had alot of action he'd love it.

Kimpatsu
20th September 2003, 08:01
Blakes 7 were (series 1 and 2):
Roj Blake (Gareth Thomas)
Kerr Avon (Paul Darrow)
Jenna Stannis (Sally Knyvette)
Vila Restal (Michael Keating)
Olag Gan (David Jackson)
Cally (Jan Chappell)
Zen (voiced by Peter Tuddenham)
Then, when the lineup changed from series 3, it included the new characters:
Soolin (Glynis Barber)
Tarrant (Steven Pacey)
Dayna (Josette Simon)
Slave (voiced by Peter Tuddenham)
and Orac (also voiced by Peter Tuddenham)
---
For bonus points, name the villains and the actors who played them.

Bhaktadev
20th September 2003, 21:44
mine is Robbie the Raindeer

Bhaktadev
20th September 2003, 21:51
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000AYK1R.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg