PDA

View Full Version : 2003, Training and the Bujinkan Dojo

Kamiyama
2nd January 2003, 08:34
2003, Training and the Bujinkan Dojo

What do you work on in 2003….?
Me personally I will work on these 9 things.
Not only to better myself but to become a better guide for others.

First, I would like to work on more simplicity. Making life flow more without the troubles of attachment. Not only for myself but also for everyone. Happiness and love are always in our hearts. I feel society always wants us to conform and be someone we are not. Yes, simplicity.

Second, I would like to understand my place in life. My understanding of all living things that they are born, live, sickness and die. But I wish to understand this truth in a way that I can let go and be myself even more so.

Third, I wish to step up lead by example to what is rightfully mine. I feel everyone is a born leader. Those who take hold and let the heart go can make their lives more fulfilling.

Fourth, To not be a fool to belief and faith. To keep my eyes and heart open to the truth. To know the divine sight and heart is always with me as a warrior.

Fifth, I wish to relax and understand the laws of nature and the restrictions I have as a human being. They are the laws and I should be aware of these. I'm a warrior by birth and should live by the laws of nature.

Sixth, I wish to find more balance and harmony in all things around me. Nature has the key and the way to all happiness and love. The warrior's sword is more powerful when it is peaceful.

Seventh, To understand I'm never going to be perfect. That I'm always learning and I will never know everything. I will always be unpolished but this does not mean I cannot have brilliance.

Eight, I wish to be less of a pompous ass and arrogant even though it suits me. Let the ego and fear be someone else's game.

Ninth, I have no enemy stronger than myself. Undisciplined the warrior becomes a sheep.

What do we need as students from our leaders of the Bujinkan Dojo?

But what do we work on as students of the martial arts for the coming year?

What ideas would you like to share with us here on E-Budo?

Peace and good luck in 2003,
kamiyama, ralph severe

Tamdhu
2nd January 2003, 16:54
What do we need as students from our leaders of the Bujinkan Dojo?

I think your 3rd and 9th items sum it up nicely.

We need to be our own leaders and each take charge of--and responsibility for--our own training. The tiger is on the move and no one else can grab his tail and hold on for us. It doesn't matter so much if we grab that tail directly in Japan or indirectly through the experience of an instructor, so long as we remain flexible, gather the best information we can and make the best choices we can. This will help us avoid the trap of holding others responsible for our own progress and happiness or lack thereof.

We enter the dojo of our choosing, of our own free will.

The final judge, jury and defendant of all we fear and hold dear is up there in the little house on the kamiza.

Good luck all and have a great year!

kimq
2nd January 2003, 19:33
Originally posted by Tamdhu
The final judge, jury and defendant of all we fear and hold dear is up there in the little house on the kamiza.

I always thought that this actually resided in our skull and chest.

Tamdhu
3rd January 2003, 20:51
I always thought that this actually resided in our skull and chest.

I don't think a kamiza would fit very comfortably in either of those locations!

Really, tho', I was referring to what's inside the kamiza.

You know, the sock monkey.

In the end, it's all about the sock monkey.