PDA

View Full Version : Sure Fire Lights

joe yang
5th January 2003, 14:32
I'd like to get a hands-on look at the different Sure Fire lights before I buy one, any suggestions where I might?

tonylfi4
5th January 2003, 20:27
Joe,

I'm in SE PA, near Philly, but I'm often enough in Allentown. I've got Surefire's M6, M3 and 6P; I'd be glad to arrange a day to meet you in allentown at the range i shoot at (which is actually in Emmaus). I'd be pleased to let you try them out. If we met just close to dusk, before the range actually shuts down, if we're lucky on the weather, it might be "dark" enough so that you could use them for shooting if you wanted. Let me know.

tony

joe yang
6th January 2003, 16:39
My dojang is in Allentown. I shoot in Whitehall. I'll take you up on your offer. Stay in touch.

tonylfi4
6th January 2003, 16:48
Joe,

how can I email you my tel#. let me know and we'll work something out for sure!

tony

James Williams
13th January 2003, 13:11
Joe,

If you get the opportunity Surefire will have a booth at the Shot Show in Orlando the 13-16th of February. All of the different lights will be there to test and John usually comes up with several new models as well. I have posted the link below.

http://www.shotshow.org/press_room/2003FactSheet.html

Regards,

James

joe yang
19th January 2003, 03:20
The Orlando Shot Show is a little out of the way for me. Any other shows coming my way would be of interest. Philly is good, Atlantic City, New York. I really would like to get a hands-on look at the Surefire line.

TommyK
19th January 2003, 03:47
Greetings,

I have used Surefire products for a number of years. I own, use and endorse both the P6 and 'Stinger' models. Expensive, but they live up to the price.

Regards,
TommyK
Technical Director and official Historian, Moving Subway Car Dojang, NYC

Ken Good
19th January 2003, 05:08
To be technically accurate:

For the SureFire series of 6-volt lights that would be the 6P, not a P6. The 6P is one of the most popular of the SureFire series of handhelds.

And Stinger is a Streamlight. A competing, popular brand 6-volt model.

The advatange of the SureFire 6P is it's beam quality/intensity, and I believe better switching for tactical applications as well as an optional upgrade to the P61 lamp assembly, effectively doubling the light output. You pay for this higher output in runtime. The standard P60 lamp has an adverstised runtime of 60 minutes with a 65 lumen output. The P61 lamp assembly has an advertised runtime of 20 minutes with a 120 lumen output. For strictly self-defense/fighting applications the P61 is a great option.

If you want to know what lumens vs candlepower rating is:

See: http://186thousand.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=15 where the topic has been discussed extensively.

If you have further technical questions or questiions about which light for which application, do not hesistate to give one of my guys a call, Toll Free: 1-888-low-light (888-569-5444).

Or simply post your questions here & I will attempt to answer them as best as I can.

Ken Good
19th January 2003, 05:40
Joe,

I forgot to mention, I go to New York quite a bit. If you are planning to go to the city, drop me an email and I can bring my SureFire "arnsenal" with me for you to evaluate.

TommyK
19th January 2003, 06:14
Greetings,

My mistake, but both 6P and 'Stinger'are excellent. Sorry for my confusion, no disrespect meant. Both are excellent products. I guess I should pay more attention to my posts,especially when over tired. I have used the 6P for over 2 years and I was recently supplied with the 'Stinger' as a job perk.

Regards,
TommyK