PDA

View Full Version : Cheap sex, drugs and booze unhurt by Japan's bad economy says YAHOO.Com!

Jody Holeton
10th January 2003, 06:43
Dear all,

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=583&ncid=583&e=9&u=/nm/20030109/od_nm/japan_economy_crime_dc

Maybe I am in the right country?

Is this rascist of yahoo to write about?
Is it true?

Could this cater to?@Japan's nearly non-existent tourist trade?

Somebody give me some PC ADVICE!!!!

Soulend
10th January 2003, 07:07
Judging by the author's name, and the names of those he interviewed, don't see how it could be racist..they're all Japanese. Oh to be single and in Japan again..lol

Of course, they didn't have such delights in Iwakuni, not that I ever saw anyway..

Jody Holeton
10th January 2003, 07:17
Not the writer but Yahoo.

Soulend,

Maybe I should do some investigative journalism?

Soulend
10th January 2003, 08:00
Dunno how Yahoo could be held responsible even if there was any 'racism' - Yahoo didn't write it, they got the article from Reuters, just like many other newspapers, etc. Not quite sure I understand where the racism is anyway, Jody...maybe I'm missing something?

Exorcist_Fist
10th January 2003, 08:22
Edited:

I think the article discusses some true points, but while the underworld economy as a whole is growing, the individual players are having a harder and harder time making ends meet.

Drugs are becoming cheaper, prostitution more widespread, with an influx of SE asians, as well as young Japanese girls who just want to make a buck, etc. Bankruptcy and disbanding of Yakuza groups is at an all time high, there is essentially a state of low grade war in some parts of Tokyo between Yakuza and chinese gangs, etc. Personally the article reads like and excuse for some guy to do investigative reporting in a whore house while smoking crack.

Jody Holeton
14th January 2003, 03:42
Dear Soulend,

WHOOPS! I had a couple of different windows up! Wrong article!

It's funny, Japan's economy is getting so bad that Yahoo.com is writing about it!

Will Japan's economy EVER get better is the 2\ question...

More importantly,

Will Japan now open more doors to gaijin with cash?

Exorcist_Fist
14th January 2003, 04:20
taken to PM