PDA

View Full Version : New DVD about Miyagi?

stencil
13th January 2003, 20:11
Does anyone here have any more information about this DVD? I found it by accident last night and am very curious - would love to see it, but if anyone here has any additional info about who made it, if it has any particular agenda that I'm missing, etc.

link (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/dvd/B00006LU73/tech-info/102-2635717-6732122)

CEB
13th January 2003, 20:24
Originally posted by stencil
....if anyone here has any additional info about who made it, if it has any particular agenda that I'm missing, etc.

link (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/dvd/B00006LU73/tech-info/102-2635717-6732122)

Who ? George Alexander.

Agenda ? Make a few bucks.

stencil
13th January 2003, 20:34
Sorry, but I'm not aware of who George Alexander is - is he affiliated with a particular school? What's his background.

I apologize in advance if this has been tread upon already - I'm a relatively new (2 years) student of Goju Ryu and would love to see something like this.

CEB
13th January 2003, 21:01
Originally posted by stencil
Sorry, but I'm not aware of who George Alexander is - is he affiliated with a particular school? What's his background.

I apologize in advance if this has been tread upon already - I'm a relatively new (2 years) student of Goju Ryu and would love to see something like this.

First of all, Never apologize for asking a question. That should be what this forum is for. If you have question ask.

George Alexander is sort of a Shorin Ryu guy. He has no Goju Ryu connections that I know of. That could be a good thing because one would think that would make him impartial. I don't know what his data sources are for this thing he is selling are. I don't know a whole lot about him. My brother Mike trained at his dojo near West Palm Beach, it was the closest thing he could find to JKA karate when he moved to West Palm beach. It still wasn't Shotokan enough for Mike's taste. I've heard many people say his karate is too Japanese to be good Shorin Ryu. I don't know anything about that I'm a Goju guy. I think he is no longer in Florida. I heard he moved to Tennesee. Maybe Fluffy or one of the other guys can provide you with better information regarding his school or affiliation. I just know he is quite the martial arts business man. He has put out some good product and some not so good and some that was acquired by non-convential means. I hope the Miyagi thing is going to be good may be I'l have to break down and get a DVD player.

Gambatte Kudasai

stencil
13th January 2003, 21:18
I hope the Miyagi thing is going to be good may be I'l have to break down and get a DVD player.

I already have it pre-ordered so I'll report as quickly as possible.

Get yourself a DVD player. I haven't touched a VHS tape in years (and I wish Tsunami would put out their Goju series on DVD!).