PDA

View Full Version : New Web Site...

George Hyde
14th January 2003, 15:58
Hi All,

The BSKF site (www.bskf.org) has had a major overhaul - comments, suggestions, etc.. much appreciated.

Later,

dax
15th January 2003, 01:34
Excellent. This is a very informative site with simple navigation. Thanks for posting it here.

Anders Pettersson
15th January 2003, 03:06
Gassho.

Hi George.

Liked the new design a lot. Much better than the old black one. The navigation is also a lot better.

I've had a quick look at it and you have got some nice things on your page that will be helpful for kenshi all over the world.
However I found some minor mistakes on it (some mistakes in some link and spelling/typo etc.) I will try and write them down and get back to you via e-mail.

/Anders

tony leith
15th January 2003, 12:02
Hi George

Belated happy new year to you and everybody else on E-budo (just occured to me that I hadn't previously said that). New website is very impressive in terms of both content and presentation - lots of good stuff on there which has kept me happily occupied for the last half hour when I should have been working. I'd be happy to try and contribute some thing for it when I've got time (i.e. not this month) - what kind of stuff are you after, because if you're looking for technically or philosophicallly definitive material you'd be better off with contributions from my elders and betters...

Tony Leith

George Hyde
15th January 2003, 13:15
Thanks Tony and All for your kind comments...

Originally posted by tony leith

I'd be happy to try and contribute some thing for it when I've got time (i.e. not this month) - what kind of stuff are you after, because if you're looking for technically or philosophicallly definitive material you'd be better off with contributions from my elders and betters...

Funny you should say that - I'm in the process of trying to establish some kind of quality control in the form of a "Technical Editor" - one or two seniors with the time and expertise to impart some authority on (and possibly procure) this kind of content for the site.

Having said that, this certainly shouldn't be a barrier to making contributions - it's more of a "peer review" and as such should be seen as a an opportunity to explore and present personal perspectives under the guidance of those able to impart some qualified opinion. I'm sure you and many others are capable of producing material that productively addresses technical and philosophical issues worthy of publication with only the most scant of authoritative examination.

Anyway - there's a whole lot more you can do besides... How about reviews of martial arts and related publications you've read? And if there's stuff you don't have the time or expertise to produce yourself, then let me know and I'll stitch-up someone else! :)

Later,

Steve Williams
15th January 2003, 22:10
Originally posted by George Hyde
I'll stitch-up someone else! :)

Later,

Heh heh.... sounds familar, good to know even with a new site the webmaster is still the same person ;)

The site does look really good, I have one major quibble though....
Where is the pic of me gone????? :confused:

I mean the good looking one on the Exec committee page :) , not the drunk one you have posted here before :eek:

Kimpatsu
16th January 2003, 02:44
Originally posted by Steve Williams
The site does look really good, I have one major quibble though....
Where is the pic of me gone????? I mean the good looking one on the Exec committee page, not the drunk one you have posted here before
You mean there's a difference?
Seriously, though, it's a great job, George Sensei. Yoku gambarimashita, ne.
Kesshu,

Tripitaka of AA
4th February 2003, 20:26
Hi George,

I took a longer look at the new Website, and realised I hadn't passed my compliments. It is elegant instead of flashy, informative instead of sensational. Altogether a worthy introduction to anyone trying to gather some background info on an art they would like to study...

Some small observations;
I am curious about the list of training venues. It does not appear to be a full listing, is that intentional, or are you still awaiting confirmation from some clubs.

The Abbey Club link is down (or was when I tried).

I actually rather liked the old Black background, but then I have some peculiar tastes.

I was concerned that some of the old articles had been deleted, until I eventually found the archives. Perhaps they could be signposted a little more clearly... they are well worth reading (and something on the site that is aimed at the Practising Kenshi rather than the Absolute Beginner).

luar
5th February 2003, 03:30
Originally posted by Tripitaka of AA
I actually rather liked the old Black background, but then I have some peculiar tastes.

When I first designed the New York website, I originally used black as the background but then a senior kenshi told me that it made it look too ominous (somewhat anti-Shorinji) and that almost every martil arts web site uses a black background. I soon realized he was right and changed it to a purplish blue.

Tripitaka of AA
5th February 2003, 08:35
Good point Raul. And I shall make a point of complimenting your site too, for I thought it was excellent. I must go back and have another look when I have time.

btw, Raul, after having been posting since last August, I finally noticed that your sig is the reverse of your first name :eek:, I can't believe it took me that long. I just thought you were using a Chinese word "luar" which I see in the name of various arts. Does it mean " " or something. Anyway, very cool nickname ;).

Errrr, I coouldn't find it anywhere, now that I'm looking :( , but it is around somewhere, isn't it? Don't tell me I've been dreaming again...

luar
5th February 2003, 12:51
Luar is my alter ego from Bizarro World where he is studying Bizarro Shorinji Kempo from Bizzaro Van Dam Sensei. Yeah I know, how bizzare.

Thanks for your compliments. I am in the process of preparing new multimedia content and will have that ready by the end of the month.

BTW, I always found the articles on the BSKF site to be incredibly helpful and interesting. I am hoping to see more of these especially since the hombu newsletters have sadly stopped.

Adios