PDA

View Full Version : jutte of kukishinden ryu

O'Neill
14th January 2003, 18:34
As an outsider I am curious as to how extensive the jutte/tessen curriculum is within kukishinden ryu is. One usually only hears of the bojutsu. I saw that the jinenkan has tapes on this. I was curious as to how much jutte is done.

BigJon
14th January 2003, 19:50
Well I have never studied Jutte until this year, so my knowledge is limited. But the founder of the Jinenkan learned his from Hatsumi Soke.

Jon Gillespie

poryu
14th January 2003, 20:40
HI

The Bujinkan Dojo Kukishinden Ryu has 5 Kamae and 5 kata. The forms are very basic, sort of one strike responses to the attack by the swordsman. It is classed as a defensive weapon and not an offensive weapon when performing these kata.

When my friend studied it with Ishizuka shihan he was told this

In the Kukishinden Ryu Juttejutsu, the Densho says that you must master you Taijutsu, before you attempt to do the Juttejutsu.

As for Tessen i am unsure.
However in the Kukishin Ryu I know of 3 Tessen kata.

Evan London
16th January 2003, 11:42
According to Manaka Sensei, the foundations of Jinen Ryu juttejutsu comes from Masaki Ryu, although some Kukishin Ryu is in there too. I believe Manaka Sensei learned Masaki Ryu from Hatsumi Sensei.

As for how extensive, the Jinen Ryu juttejutsu curriculum is fairly extensive. There are several levels of techniques ranging from basic strikes and how to hold the jutte to more advanced material. I believe that Manaka Sensei's March seminar in Baltimore will be covering the higher level material along with Shinden Fudo Ryu Dakentaijutsu. Let me know if you would like more information.

Ev

poryu
16th January 2003, 15:18
Hi

I have the jinen ryu jutte videos and they are excellent.

As Rick was saying with say 30 kata in a ryu. Here is a thought I sussed out while watching the Jinen ryu Kihon Sojo.

One kata called Tsuki komi involves litteraly thrusting the Jutte forwards at your opponent. Taking the Kukishin ryu Kata level name Juppo Sesshou - the Juppo meaning (basically) 10 directions, combine the jinen kata with the kuki principle and one kata becomes 10.

Just working with thoughts like this will broaded your use of the Jutte.

I recommend the Jinenkan Jutte videos to anyone with any interest the basic use of the Jutte.

Never seen the Masaaki ryu Jutte so cant comment, but once saw a video of the chain filmed in a dojo in Japan, if its anything like that then I would love to see more (hint)

Evan London
17th January 2003, 12:32
Originally posted by Daniel Lee
You jinenkan folks must be proud of your kancho for taking masaki-ryu as inspiration and going on to making a unique jinen-ryu kusarifundo/jutte. I've seen Manaka-sensei's short chain work on video - nicely worked to fit into the takamatsu-den package - very different from original masaki-ryu, but very nice. Would love to see something of the jutte too.

Sincerely,

We are extremely proud of Manaka Sensei for many reasons. This is just one of them!

Ev

poryu
17th January 2003, 12:36
Hi

after this thread started I did some reading and contacted a few motes.

It seems that the Kukishinden Ryu Jutte does not have a kamae section. Just the 5 kata which have kamae in them (included inthe kata and not a seperate level).

Learn something everyday dont we