PDA

View Full Version : Tim Bathurst Seminar Results

kimq
14th January 2003, 20:19
Just this weekend Tim Bathurst visited us at the school I attend for a Bujinkan seminar. We had people come in from other schools as far as British Columbia, Alberta, and Manitoba. The seminar was on Takagi Yoshin Ryu Jutaijutsu and was a complete success.

Many thanks go out to Tim for coming to our frozen corner of the world for an enjoyable and informative seminar!

Mike Passow
15th January 2003, 06:05
Hello Kim Quintin,

I'm sure Mr. Bathhurst was very good and the seminar went quite nicely - but when I read this: "The seminar was on Takagi Yoshin Ryu Jutaijutsu and was a complete success" I thought to myself, "What makes a seminar a 'complete success'?"

How do you measure that? Everyone had at least one and sometimes two epiphanies by seminars end? :)

Seriously now - has anyone here ever tried/thought about some sort of "After Seminar" survey to be given out to participants as they leave, and designed to be mailed back after they've gone home and thought about it a bit?

Questions could be along the lines of
-What they liked most
-What they didn't like
-Did they like the seminar leader and would they want to see him or her specifically, again
-What they hope to see more of the next time

Might be an idea worth trying.

Yours,

kimq
15th January 2003, 17:02
As the interim Business Manager for our school, a seminar survey had crossed my mind. Actually, I had thought of surveys for our out-of-town seminars we will be holding in the near future for surrounding communities. Unfortunately, I could not arrange for a proper survey for the Tim Bathurst event due to other details.

Although I did not train, I was present for the majority of the seminar putting it on video. I am in the process of editing the footage. I am about 40% done the first editing and have two hours of Tim instructing - no footage of students training! I still have 60% of the footage to go through yet, so the final product may be on several VHS tapes.

Back to your question. How does one measure success? It's not the destination, but the path. It seemed everyone was on the path and walked on with something extra in their martial art pocket. I heard not one complaint.

kimq
15th January 2003, 21:21
At this time I am uncertain if the tapes will be made available to those who did not attend the seminar or not. This is my Shidoshi's call and one we have not discussed at this time. I think he may also want to discuss it with Tim to make sure it's OK with him as well.

The final tapes are weeks away. If you are interested in, PM me. I will keep you in mind when they are complete. Some parts of the final videos may be made online on our website.

kimq
25th January 2003, 17:36
Due to the poor video quality of the footage tapes, the final productions will NOT be available to the public. Sorry.