PDA

View Full Version : Japan TV: Bob Sap and bathing with your daughter

Jody Holeton
15th January 2003, 23:52
Dear all,

Me still being without TV my gaijin neighbor called me up screaming on the phone with 2 words, "BOB SAP!"

For the next half an hour I watched Bob Sap scare the HELL out of Japanese people. He wore only a purple, frilly, skirt and had a horn with pointed ears attached to his head.

VERY VERY FREAKY!!

Bob Sap and 2 Japanese comedians went around scaring people.

One of the segments had BOB hiding in a bathroom at a drama house. Actors would come in and use the urinal, they would be watched on camera for "bad behavior", and if they were bad the 2 Japanese comedians would send Bob after the offenders. They would say, "Go BOB! GO!", and he would then pick them up, yell at them, slam them around, etc. etc.

Very, very freaky!

The last part I saw was where this housewife asked Bob to get her husband to take his heart medicine. You should have seen Bob! They sent him to his family's VERY rich home and he was taken aback!
Bob saw how the husband acted and got very pissed off! The husband took his pants off at the door, ordered his family around like servants, berated his wife and beat on this little taiko drum to get his wife's attention.
After dinner the wife brought out the medicine, the husband said "No!" and Bob went to town!
He started screaming at the husband, body slammed him, etc. etc.
He did all of this wearing the skirt and the horn! (I have to get a pic!)
My favorite part is when he came at Bob with a pan! Bob took it, put the pan to his HUGE chest and bent it in HALF!

I taped it! And I'm sending it to BIG BIG FRANK in Michigan, the one man I know who could take Bob out.

The show after that was REALLY different!
My Japanese is BAD but maybe somebody here could tell you more of what its really about!
It's a show about daughters bathing with their fathers. The daughters want something (like a car, new clothes, etc.) so they bathe their fathers in front of hidden cameras...

Somebody PLEASE explain this show to me!
I thought I had seen ALL of Japan's little morale moments....

Anybody else see this?

CKohalyk
16th January 2003, 00:17
GOOOOO SAPP!!!

I saw a little bit of that last night! Bob was dressed up like a little (huge) imp and taking out people on command of the 3-man team Neptune.

I only saw when they were at Yoshimoto Kogyo and were taking famous comedians like Kinniku Nakayama to town for not having good toilet manners. It was bloody hilarious!!! Bob Sapp is wicked.

As for the bath thing... I cannot believe that show! There just something so "Deliverance-esque" about that kinda stuff...

Jody Holeton
16th January 2003, 00:47
It had to be staged!

Had to be!
All except for the husband bit....

I loved the part where Bob threatens to eat the guys expensive ring!!!!

Somebody explain the morality of a 20 year-old bathing with her father BECAUSE she wants something!

I wnat a new car?

HMMMMM! Should I work for it?
Go to college, get a real job....
NNNAAAAAHHH! I'll bathe with my NAKED father and get him to buy it for me!

Somebody help me to understand!!!

Exorcist_Fist
16th January 2003, 03:04
Jody, you must send me a copy

I think we were mentioning this earlier when wasted, but Bob Sapps career as a fighter is limited, since eventually no one else will want to get in the ring with him. That being said, Japanese love the guy, so he should make bucks as a talent instead.

renfield_kuroda
16th January 2003, 03:22
Not that I'm an expert on Japanese pedophilia/incest, but I think the intention of daughter-bathing-with-dad show is fairly innocent.
It's the I-don't-talk-to-my-daughter-anymore thing, where the daughter tries to get dad to remember the good-old-days when she was little and they'd bath together, play together, etc. Also, that whole wash-your-back thing is a big sign of respect in Japan. Combine that with a daughter who wants her strict father let her stay out past 10pm a couple nights a week w/her boyfriend, and you've got yourself a TV show.

As for Bob, the guy is the greatest thing on TV since color. And yes, 99% of it is totally staged, though not 100% scripted -- they set up the scene and the story, everyone involved has the basic idea, some useful props lying around, cameras set, and then ya let Bob and everyone go to town. But it's so damn funny.

And Bob's Japanese is coming along nicely!

Regards,
renfield kuroda

Jody Holeton
16th January 2003, 03:53
Dear Ren,

It is soooo funny!:D

The whole bath thing still freaks me out!:eek:

Dear Dan,

OOOOOHHHH! A whole 'nother thread!!

BIG BIG FRANK CAN TAKE SAPP!

PRehse
16th January 2003, 04:13
Originally posted by renfield_kuroda
Not that I'm an expert on Japanese pedophilia/incest, but I think the intention of daughter-bathing-with-dad show is fairly innocent.
It's the I-don't-talk-to-my-daughter-anymore thing, where the daughter tries to get dad to remember the good-old-days when she was little and they'd bath together, play together, etc. Also, that whole wash-your-back thing is a big sign of respect in Japan. Combine that with a daughter who wants her strict father let her stay out past 10pm a couple nights a week w/her boyfriend, and you've got yourself a TV show.
Some of my European friend's family bath togeather. As a only slightly less puritanical then our Southern cousins Canadian, I remember seeing a my co-workers naked the first day on the job in Germany and that was only slightly less embarrassing than taking a sauna with a female friends mother.

Nudity and sexuallity don't necessarily go hand in hand.

Don Roley
16th January 2003, 08:07
Jody,
You have to lend me a copy of the episodes. I honestly do not know who Bon Sap is and I do not watch a lot of TV here. (And I do not feel like I am missing much.)
I can answer your questions better if I see the bathing together thing. Part of me goes with Renfield and thinks it is no big deal ina society where communal bathing is normal, but if this was set up by a Japanese comic show it has to have something about sex in it.

Jody Holeton
17th January 2003, 00:00
Dear Don,

No problem!

BOB SAPP! He is getting so much TV time! I just wish I could be his translator!

Maybe Tony could get the job?

The whole bathing thing....
Just seems wierd but the thing that really gets me: the girls are doing it BECAUSE they want something!

A new car, clothes, etc. etc.

Just reeks of misplaced morality to me....

Like girls flashing their tatas for free beer...