PDA

View Full Version : Baka Virus from Japan alert!

John Lindsey
31st August 2000, 15:33
Rumor has it that there is a "stupid" virus going around. It is only a text message and not a real virus.

What you get is an email that says:
-----------------------------------------
You have just received the "Baka Virus" from Japan

We no have any programming experience with computer system and too lazy to make time. So we make good virus that work on the friendly honorable system. Please be friend and follow these instructions so we can become famous and get on CNN:

Please delete all the files on your hard drive, then manually forward this virus to everyone on your mailing list. Oh wait..maybe send message before deleting all files.

Thanks for your cooperation

Paul Mathews
31st August 2000, 16:19
I got that virus but it was reportedly constructed by Aggies. I wonder who stole it from whom?

Paul

Tetsutaka
31st August 2000, 18:44
http://www.debsfunpages.com/polish.htm

Neil Hawkins
1st September 2000, 02:48
I t first appeared, in the wake of the "Love Bug" as a unix variant (most virii don't have any effect on unix) and has since spawned many clones.

Nearly all modern virii (and ALL email virii) require some interaction from foolish users, so like the others this could be devastating!! I'd better do a backup just in case, I hope there isn't one that says throw away all disks, CD's and tapes from your office. :)

Neil

ghp
1st September 2000, 03:18
Chikusho! Teme konoyarrrrrro! Kao o aratte dashite-koi!

Rats! There goes my hard drive!!!!! :smilejapa:

--Guy

John Lindsey
12th August 2003, 16:02
BUMP

Kevin G
12th August 2003, 23:32
Looks like I got hit with the new worm today, it attacks Windows XP and NT. Microsoft has a patch available for it, which I'm downloading now. I'll be lucky to get the whole thing before I get automatically rebooted!