PDA

View Full Version : promoting our arts

paolo_italy
6th February 2003, 10:13
hi all,

I'm organizing the advertising champaign for this year... Have you ever used demo videoclips?

Any suggestion?
Do you have samples you can share with me?

Here MA's in general aren't on the wave anymore, so to say... Unless you teach aerocombat, fitboxe, and the like... :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance...

paolo_italy
7th February 2003, 13:23
moderators,

do you think it's better to move the thread in the "dojo management" section? Maybe there I could get some answer, dunno... :(

paolo_italy
7th February 2003, 15:37
uhm... let's try rating by myself... C'mon, no opinion on this subject? :cry:

Oni
7th February 2003, 15:59
I can move it if you wish...just let me know if that is what you want. I personally have never used video clips for demonstration purposes.

paolo_italy
7th February 2003, 16:14
We could wait till next Monday... Who knows, maybe during the weekend there's more activity on the forum...

thx

Lee Mc'pherson
12th February 2003, 16:52
It really depends on how you want to aproach the problem the way i see it is that there are 2 ways

A) You go for the money not really caring about the quality of the students but more about the numbers. To do this you need to advertise (anything from the videoclip, to posting photocopied adds at places like schools-univercities-cafeterias-clubs, or advertising in a magazine which young people buy) and by word of mouth have your friends come and tell them to bring a friend also and so on and so on...
This tends to bring in a lot of people but the hard part is keeping them.

B) Keep the school pure and except only people who you think deserve to learn your art. But that tends to be unafordable.;)

The good thing about Plan A is that over time you tend to weed out the people who will truly give there all to the MA, and there is money to keep the school running and you eating:D