PDA

View Full Version : Renshu no toki

Rik
1st September 2000, 11:54
Hello Adam,
I read in the members lounge that someone had a new idea for a forum. I was thinking the same kind of thing but for the lang.. Basically a site that would enable contact between Japanese and non-Japanese with a view to practising language skills.
What do you/people reckon?

Adam DArcy
1st September 2000, 21:18
Hello Rik,

I'm sure members here who speak Japanese fluently would agree that conversation with a native speaker is/was essential. I've definitely learned more Japanese outside of the classroom than in, especially when I was in Japan.

I will ask the Administrator, John Lindsey Sensei what he thinks, and see if I can get a better idea of how many registered members are native Japanese speakers who would be interested. In the meantime, you might want to try Excite Japan's chat rooms - http://www.excite.co.jp/talk/

The "International" rooms and the "English" rooms usually have a nice mix of native and non-native Japanese speakers interacting with one another. It's not as fast paced, and well, "rude" as some of the other non-native Japanese speaking chat rooms I've seen, but it can be very educational and a great way to network as well.

Good luck!

Adam

Rik
4th September 2000, 11:14
Thanks for that Adam.