PDA

View Full Version : Greetings all I'm new just saying Hi!

Van_Raven
11th February 2003, 05:03
hello all, I"m jeff I'm new to these boards which I very much like =) I"m training under American NInjitsu under robert bussey's system slightly modified. All our instructors were taught by robert. I also Train in Rick tews martial science just for kicks and another course. I just wanted to say hi and introduce my self =) Great to see soo many fellow ninjitsu brothers here=)
hope all is well
peace and I'll cya around more =)
jeff!

Moko
12th February 2003, 05:35
The Robert he refers to is NOT Robert Pfuetzenreuter. OK? I just want to get this out. I don't teach sport martial arts. This guy's Robert is not, I repeat NOT ME!!! His Robert it the King of Kombat(sic)

And um, Hi. I'll never see you at one of your "ninjutsu" gatherings classes, whatever; we move in different crowds.

poryu
12th February 2003, 07:51
Hi

I think he posted he trained with Robert Bussey's guys

Moko
12th February 2003, 15:20
I was trying to be funny Paul.

I'll try harder in the future.

The Tengu
12th February 2003, 16:24

BigJon
12th February 2003, 17:21
Rick Tew eh? Let me know, I want to be a Power Ranger too!
ps-the Pink Rangers are always soooo fine!

Jon Gillespie

Lee Mc'pherson
12th February 2003, 17:29
Hi sorry to ask but being from Greece...
What is "AMERICAN NINJUTSU"??????

BigJon
12th February 2003, 18:03
I may be wrong, but Robert Bussey trained in the Bujinkan and got a yondan...then started his own thing blended with other arts. American ninjutsu came from him I believe.

Jon Gillespie

Van_Raven
12th February 2003, 21:42
Yes bussey is one of the men that brought it back to the states from japan. Yes I train under his american ninjitsu and he comes to our camps and teaches us. Rick tew is just something I was trying on the side. He has some good moves but yea I hear ya on that one. hehe I just wanted to greet everyone and say hi is all. hope all is well

jeff

Jim_Jude
12th February 2003, 21:57
Originally posted by Van_Raven
Yes bussey is one of the men that brought it back to the states from japan.

Huh? Well, that's sure interesting... is that what Bussey said? Because what I heard was different & that Bussey insulted Hatsumi-sensei & the Japanese Shihan, that's the main reason why he never went back after getting yondan.

Van_Raven
12th February 2003, 22:00
the whole point of this was a greeting not a debate sorry If I pissed someone off. Regardless of the reasoning behind his choices he's still a good martial artist in my eyes. =)

Jim_Jude
12th February 2003, 22:04
Well, I'm sure he is. As long as you're happy, I'm happy.

(Jeez, I sound like my Dad...:p)

R Erman
13th February 2003, 01:57
Hi Jeff,

Welcome to the board. If you would, please sign your posts with your full name as per e-budo policy.

Coming here from a fringe group(s) and stating who you train with takes a lot of courage. But you will have to realize that neo-groups are often treated with scorn in traditional ninpo circles. Particularly those associated with Frank Dux and Rick Tew. It's just the truth.

In regards to Mr Bussey. I agree he is a talented martial artist. I respect his viewpoint on training(although I don't necessarily agree with him on some points). I began to repsect him more when he started to move away from the ninjutsu label and into the modern/eclectic blend he taught with RBWI. In fact, many of those associated with "american ninjutsu" are those who resisted the idea of leaving behind the ninja image. That's why I find it odd that he does seminars for these former students of his. If you go to his website he only has about three schools under his banner right now(Busseystyle, not RBWI. Not ninjutsu or taijutsu, whether domestic or foreign).

Although Mr Bussey did earn a yondan(before there were many western shodan in the bujinkan, I might add) his method of movement is very different from the Bujinkan. Same techniques in some cases, but not utilizing the flow, angling, distancing, and overall relationship between tori and uke as found in the Bujinkan. Whether he understood these principles and chose to ignore them in favor of his ballistic approach is anyone's guess.

That being said, I don't think his approach is "wrong" or ineffective, just different. Those who would disagree with this probably wouldn't last long in a fight with the man, but politics and bickering often times displace training in some circles...

Van_Raven
13th February 2003, 03:43
Rob thanks for the kind greeting. I'm slighty newer and had no idea people took offense to that sort of thing. Just wanted to meet some nice folks. Well thank you for your info it was appreciated =)
have a great day

jeff Simmons

Lee Mc'pherson
17th February 2003, 02:13
Hi good to have you aboard and sorry if I caused a problem with my question I was just curious mate.Anyway train well

Karyu
20th February 2003, 07:34
Originally posted by Jim_Jude

Huh? Well, that's sure interesting... is that what Bussey said? Because what I heard was different & that Bussey insulted Hatsumi-sensei & the Japanese Shihan, that's the main reason why he never went back after getting yondan.

No, that's just rumor. Bussey is a very devout christian, and he declined godan because he felt the sakki test was "devil's energy", or something along those lines.