PDA

View Full Version : Yamanni Summer Camp

PingAnTu
12th February 2003, 03:25
Kobudo enthusiasts,

Thought I'd give you all a heads up on our annual Yamanni-Chinen Ryu Summer camp. If you live somewhere in the midwest -- although we have lots of coasters that come too -- and if you have any interest in the Yamanni style... this is your chance to get a serious introduction.

The teacher is Kiyoshi Nishime Sensei. He's a long-time personal student of Chogi Kishaba Sensei -- the family lineage menkyo. If you've ever seen him in action, there's no doubt that he's an absolute master of the style and a great guy too. It's very informal but make no mistake, we work hard. He will teach Bo (Rokushaku 6'), sai, tonfa, and kama.

There'll be lots of other serious Yamanni people there and it's a lot of fun. Hope to see you there.

If you have any interest in attending, please contact me via private message and I'll forward the pertinent info.

The dates are July 18-20 in south-central Indiana.

Paul Adamson
_______

Absolute Grandmaster Soke of... not even me.

PingAnTu
20th June 2003, 03:35
Thought I'd put this at the top of the list just in case anyone else is interested.

If you don't know anything about this style... it has a strong emphasis on body movement (mechnics) and is a lot of fun. More info can be obtained at www.oshirodojo.com

Cheers

Paul Adamson