PDA

View Full Version : Massive public backlash greets proposal for visa-free Koreans

KhawMengLee
17th February 2003, 04:41
This is sad. I really like Kyushu(my ex was from there). The people were really friendly and accomodating, especially to me as I did not speak much japanese. I doubt I would have had the same treatment in Tokyo...

Exorcist_Fist
18th February 2003, 09:56
I still love the mistaken impression that Foreigners are responsible for the rising crime rate. Two Japanese guys got in a wrestling match today on the Yamanote Sen right in front of me, and me and this Austrian/German looking guy just looked at each other and laughed.

PRehse
18th February 2003, 10:06
I don't know the Kyushu area but ....

Everywhere in Japan there are these black vans playing martial music. No way do they reflect the majority - I base this on how well I'm generally treated.

Seems to me the boys got on a letter writting campain and most everyone else didn't think it was enough of a deal to comment on.

And I'm sorry but I really have a problem with hysterical press - notice how a couple extreme quotes (I'm assuming they were not made up) are presented as a consensus. Just as bad as their representation of crime stats.

Originally posted by KhawMengLee
This is sad. I really like Kyushu(my ex was from there). The people were really friendly and accomodating, especially to me as I did not speak much japanese. I doubt I would have had the same treatment in Tokyo...