PDA

View Full Version : Help locating a good school in Moscow, RUSSIA

chikara
19th February 2003, 17:04
A colleague of mine is leaving Canada in a few months, going home to Moscow, and is interested in finding a Bujinkan dojo to train at. I have searched on Google and checked on the Winjutsu.com Yellow Pages directory, but have found nothing for her.:eek:

If anyone out there has any leads or contacts, thanks in advance.

:smilejapa
chikara

Bradenn
19th February 2003, 17:32
Look up Mikhail Ryabko.

chikara
19th February 2003, 20:43
OK. SYSTEMA..... I will surely pass that on. ;)

Any of you well-travelled members know if there's anyone in Russia doing Bujinkan at all?
Anyone meet any Russians at Tai-Kai?
I'm looking to hook up a tall, gorgeous, intelligent red-head here.
(Oh, she's gonna get me for this....)

I've found Czecheslovakia, Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia, Romania, etc.
Nadda in Moscow.
:cry:

chikara

Jay Bell
19th February 2003, 21:09
Hi Angela,

I doubt that there are any Bujinkan practitioners in Russia. You have to keep in mind, that only in recent years has Russia been able to study striking arts or arts that weren't sanctioned by the government. Even karate was illegal for decades. Most of the emphasis in Russia is Judo, Karate and flavors of Sambo (Sport, Combat and Combat Spetsnaz/Systema.

ninjaman
19th February 2003, 21:25
I was at a swedish Gyokko Ryu camp in 2001 and there was russian Bujinkan members there. Nice people who I trained a bit with. Don´t remember where in Russia they were from, though. Maybe S:t Petersburg or Moscow.

Johan Grönwall

Bufu Ikan
20th February 2003, 04:15
I know of someone in Russia who I met in Taikai Alicante in 1996. I believe I still have his business card, however I can not gurantee his credentials and skill.

If you are interested please PM me at bufuikan@bufuikan.com