PDA

View Full Version : questioning Hatsumi????

Ninja12
23rd February 2003, 06:16
Even the moderator is going against the words of Hatsumi. I just don't get it. Richard Van Donk who is 12 dan. What are you Oni? Massaki Hatsumi the soke of ninjutsu has personally said this tapes are good. Let me ask the question again, what are you? Think about it, who;s advice would you take?

Thank

Anthony Bush

I will no longer talk on this forum becasue most of you are going agianst Bujinkan system. I will only contact Richard Van Donk who has given me the best advice. Who is alos the head on The American Bujinkan System. Who are you Oni?

Kamiyama
23rd February 2003, 06:29
Anthony Bush,

If you feel strongly about getting tapes then by all means get them.
I feel from my experience you need to make a few journeys in many directions to find the right path for you.

I have experienced well over 300 ninjutsu videotapes over the past 18 years.
They have given me wonderful insight into the training of the martial arts. But I also have many other tapes to view too. This gives me different points to make a better opinion from.

Jack Hoban Shihan might not be for you.

But someone else might be for example.

In the long path through life this type of unhappiness will get you nowhere.
Just do what you like and suffer the path you chose.

Oni is the person who keeps us from not being jerks towards each other because the web.. is a bad place to understand what others are saying or feeling when they are saying it and our feelings or egos get hurt.
He seems to be doing a wonderful job and has a wonderful state of mind even when you are f&*king with him.

relax.........enjoy the ride.. a new AC/DC cd is coming out soon..

kamiyama, ralph severe

Ninja12
23rd February 2003, 06:39
Its a very negative atmosphere in this forum.

For someone to say videos bad! Get a life. I bought Van Donk's Black belt course and it is great. I know a real trainer is better but i don't have the time. Im a very wasy person so any instructor is good to me.

Thanks

Anthony

Kamiyama
23rd February 2003, 06:53
Anthony Bush,

ok, you did what you felt would allow you to be happy.
I believe that's a good choice.

As for "Its a very negative atmosphere in this forum", well maybe so if you take it personally.
Remember it's all in fun and learning.
With the video tapes you should study human nature some too.. this forum is a wonderful tool for that subject.

I believe Richard V Donk Shihan did the best he could do with his tapes. They seem to be doing some good for many people in the big picture Anthony.

Good luck.

E-mail me if you have any questions on the subject I can help you with.
ok

kamiyama, ralph severe

Ninja12
23rd February 2003, 06:55
I thank you Kamiyama. See i can take advice from you becasue you are good at heart and putting out a helping hand.

Thanks

Anthony Bush

Don Roley
23rd February 2003, 10:01
Originally posted by Ninja12
Massaki Hatsumi the soke of ninjutsu has personally said this tapes are good.

Have you personally heard this from his own mouth?

As a person who has studied Japanese since the 80s, and who first came to Japan not long after and am now living here, I can say that a commonly known fact is that the Japanese will not tear down a person in public, but will in private. I have heard stories told to me personally by Hatsumi about certain people, only to see him treat these people cordially in front of others. If you know how Japanese culture works, this is not surprising.

Here is a question. Why do you go to College instead of just reading the textbooks? For most people today, the answer is the degree to show potential employers. But the ability of a teacher to show not just the stuff you are to learn, but to look at your mistakes and correct them, as well as telling you where you need to improve on, is the reason we have not gotten rid of schools in favor of TV learning.

It is not the things you know you are weak in that should concern you. It is the things you think you are doing well but are doing poorly in that should make you stop and think.

But, considering all of your posts during your short stay here, I think it would be best if you were not occupying the mat space some other student with a different attitude might be using.

Bradenn
23rd February 2003, 12:39
Originally posted by Ninja12
Its a very negative atmosphere in this forum.

For someone to say videos bad! Get a life. I bought Van Donk's Black belt course and it is great. I know a real trainer is better but i don't have the time. Im a very wasy person so any instructor is good to me.

Thanks

Anthony

Welcome back Eddie.

Oni
23rd February 2003, 15:52
Anthony,

It is very simple. There seems to be a trend from individuals that have not spent any time training with a real person to come in and try to tell folks with many years of training (several of those with Soke himself) that they do not understand ninjutsu, or are not training for the right reasons. Many times these individuals are either training from tapes as you are doing, or even worse from books and the internet. Somehow whenever they get told that this is not the best idea, they get very defense and accusatory about all the mean old people in the forum that don't want to lie to them.

Statements such as:

"Sorry to say you are giving be bad knowledge."
"If i decide to join a dojo my skill and knowledge will surpass anyone who walks in the door from scratch."
"Personally, i feel that everyone is this forum thinks they know-it-all."
"It's pretty sad to say that the people im talking to are the future of Ninja training. I sence that all you people are training for the looks and just to say you are training in the ninja arts."
"Take some time and realize why you are training and you will see what i'm talking about!"

Are NOT going to win you any friends here.

Oni
23rd February 2003, 15:57
A final point to you...Hatsumi sensei is not a control oriented leader. He will generally let most folks do whatever they want to do. He would very likely even tell you by all means train with video tapes as that is what you want to hear.

Of course he also tells folks to make sure they are training WITH someone that trains with him, that folks should make it to Japan or Taikai to train with HIM whenever possible. I could add a few dozen other things that he has either said, or been reported as saying...some of which actually contradict one another.

You are NOT going to be told here that we think it is ok for you to train by tapes alone. Particularly when you have someone like Jack so close to you. At least some of the other folks that have come along have not had anyone within many hours.

As I just reread that you are not going to participate here any longer I see no reason to leave this thread open either.