PDA

View Full Version : Who Teaches This?

RobNyc
23rd February 2003, 23:30
Which of the kans teaches not only the martial or spiritual, but also some type of physical... For example most if not all Kung-Fu school teach you martial applications, spiritual/health applications & physical exercise...

What I'm trying to say I know Martial Arts is not suppose to be like a gym or nothing, but there has to be some type of physical training because the better fit you are the better it is, but I'm saying without going to a gym because you don't need to go to a gym to be fit.

Hope you guys can understand what I'm trying to say.

Jason Chambers
24th February 2003, 13:38
Errr... All of them.

Moko
24th February 2003, 13:57
I thought I could write the most obtuse and convoluvted posts. I am in awe of a new master.

None of them.

Wanna get fit? Go to a gym or take Tai-bo. We learn to win in fights in the Bujinkan. Getting fit in a MA class means the art needs something else to make it work.

Jason Chambers
24th February 2003, 15:35
:kiss:

Jay Bell
24th February 2003, 17:14
Getting fit in a MA class means the art needs something else to make it work.

:rolleyes:

That's rediculous. Do you know how often people ask, "Why are there so many fat people in the Bujinkan?"

Martial arts should heal the body...not give people an excuse to be lazy.

But yes..in the Bujinkan, it's typically viewed as the individual needs to find work outs for themselves instead of using training to do so.

Bradenn
24th February 2003, 17:32
Originally posted by Jay Bell

That's rediculous. Do you know how often people ask, "Why are there so many fat people in the Bujinkan?"

Exactly!

I think that believing you can fight effectively without the necessary physical attributes is deceiving oneself. Think about this:

Why do soldiers in the army have to do basic traing and be fit?
Why do boxers spend so much time on physical conditioning?
Why are most Thai boxers so ripped?
Why did Bruce Lee devote so much time to exercise?
Why do wrestlers train with weights?

I can already hear people saying "But those are sports or low-level arts" so what about the following?

Why did Morei Ueshiba carry huge logs for strength?
Why did Hatsumi-sensei strengthen his neck muscles with a Y-stick?
Why did Manaka-sensei run miles through rice fields and kick trees 1000 times a day?
Why did Gichin Funakoshi strengthen his legs and forearms and fingers?

Are we all so naturally good that we don't need to train the way our own Soke and Shihan trained?

Moko
24th February 2003, 19:47
Okey Dokey!

RobNyc
24th February 2003, 23:59
Originally posted by Bradenn

Exactly!

I think that believing you can fight effectively without the necessary physical attributes is deceiving oneself. Think about this:

Why do soldiers in the army have to do basic traing and be fit?
Why do boxers spend so much time on physical conditioning?
Why are most Thai boxers so ripped?
Why did Bruce Lee devote so much time to exercise?
Why do wrestlers train with weights?

I can already hear people saying "But those are sports or low-level arts" so what about the following?

Why did Morei Ueshiba carry huge logs for strength?
Why did Hatsumi-sensei strengthen his neck muscles with a Y-stick?
Why did Manaka-sensei run miles through rice fields and kick trees 1000 times a day?
Why did Gichin Funakoshi strengthen his legs and forearms and fingers?

Are we all so naturally good that we don't need to train the way our own Soke and Shihan trained?

Thank You:)

RobNyc
25th February 2003, 00:02
Originally posted by Jay Bell

But yes..in the Bujinkan, it's typically viewed as the individual needs to find work outs for themselves instead of using training to do so.

Thanks Jay... I thought so too but I wanted to make sure & ask.:smilejapa