PDA

View Full Version : Kyoketsu Shoge & Kunai?

The Tengu
24th February 2003, 16:10
Hey guys,

I was wondering if the shoge and kunai are associated with a specific ryu-ha.

I wanted to know since they're part of this year's Bujinkan theme, and I don't really know much about them besides basic drills.

Thanks. :)

Shizen
24th February 2003, 16:31
That's a good question. I'm not really sure either. Most likely they are from one of the ninjutsu ryu; my best guess would be kumogakure ryu. Togakure has their special sword forms, hand claws, throwing stars, the old use-your-blowgun-as-a-snorkel trick, etc. I think kumogakure ryu had its own special grappling hook, hooked-spear, and espionage stuff. They may have used the shoge and kunai too.
Anyone remember the specialties of gyokkushin ryu?

ninjaman
24th February 2003, 20:59
My sensei´s just back from Japan, were he heard from Soke that the Kyoketsu Shogei is of mongolian origin. The name is supposed to mean something like "riding over meadows and over hills".

By the way, my Sensei makes excellent Kunais, Kyoketsu Shogeis and Tessens! Take a look at our website at:

http://www.budogruppen.nu/vapen2003.html

The page is in swedish (in english any moment) but if you click on the first link in the text body you´ll download a .pdf file that is in english, containing photos and prices.

The weapons are handmade, for training purposes and are sold at a nice price. Weapons are made of selected 7 year old american ash, light yet durable for safe training.

The swedish crown is worth about $0,8 ($1 equals approx. 8 swedish crowns). The Euro is about 0,9 to the crown (€1 equals approx. 9 swedish crowns).

We are in the process of setting up shop and hope to be able to offer PayPal payments soon.

Admin! All money goes to our club and hopefully we´ll be able to supply good and nicely priced weapons to Bujinkan students for this years theme!

Welcome ya´ll!

Johan Grönwall

Karyu
25th February 2003, 06:42
Here is a prototype kunai of mine, i'll have better pictures up soon as well as kyoketsu-shoge and tessen.