PDA

View Full Version : When to Quit

Orso Rosso
25th February 2003, 01:05
Over the years, I've come to live by a simple, straightforward philosophy:

Avoid conflict at all costs, but when inevitable, stop at nothing to succeed.

Due to this, I can be quite competetive and agressive by nature; is that a good or bad thing? Showing strong resolve...or just not knowing when to shut up?

Gene Williams
25th February 2003, 01:20
It is always amusing to hear a seventeen or eighteen year old use the phrase, "over the years." Your opinions are being formed, not consulted. Listen for a while. Gene

Joseph Svinth
25th February 2003, 01:48
I'm dating myself, I'm sure, but there's a Kenny Rogers song whose lyrics say, "You gotta know when to hold 'em, you gotta know when to fold 'em."

In these situations, most people guess wrong. That's why the thing any idiot can figure out is called common sense. What you want is uncommon sense.

TommyK
25th February 2003, 02:09
Greetings,

I agree with Mr. Svinth. However, it does take some years of experience to develop common sense, yet alone 'uncommon sense'. Give yourself a few years of 'laying back' and see what happpens.

Personally, to steal a line form the late, great Waylon:

"I've always been crazy, but it has kept me from going insane!"

Regards,
TommyK

Paul Taylor
25th February 2003, 02:47
I guess the statement that sums it up for me:

"I am not young enough to know everything."

Sorry for my long absence, been on a journey of self discovery. Or, just piled under a butt load of work. Pick one
:p

Orso Rosso
25th February 2003, 17:18
Aye...I've stumbled upon a site full of bitter old geezers, eh?:p

I get what you're saying, though...I think.

L-Fitzgerald
4th March 2003, 12:58
to the young bull - lets just walk down the hill and make love to all those cows............:)

L Fitzgerald

did you hear the one about the old rooster? well I'll save it for later.......

Joel Simmons
5th March 2003, 12:53
Aloha,

My Dad always told me to learn how to pick my fights. As in..."don't argue with me about it, because its pointless." Know what I mean? I think I'm a bit closer in age to you than the other guys that replied. I'm 23 going on 11.