PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Festival

stormshadow
28th February 2003, 17:05
What exactly goes on at Shidoshi Hayes' Ninja Festivals? Is it worth the time, trip, and money? I have great respect for Shidoshi Hayes and all he has done, and I just want to know if it is better to train with him at a regular seminar or go to a Shadows Of Iga ninja festival.

Oni
28th February 2003, 17:56
Originally posted by stormshadow
What exactly goes on at Shidoshi Hayes' Ninja Festivals? Is it worth the time, trip, and money? I have great respect for Shidoshi Hayes and all he has done, and I just want to know if it is better to train with him at a regular seminar or go to a Shadows Of Iga ninja festival.

The festivals I have been to have been pretty great events. One of the best things is that you get to meet with and train with so many great instructors and students from all over the US (and Canada...Hey Court!)

Generally the weekend is split between 'breakout' sessions where you choose what topic/instructor you want to train with...and sessions with Mr. and Mrs. Hayes. Last year during the main sessions Mr. Hayes had some of the various top instructors split the main sessions with he and Mrs. Hayes so we got to have each of their views/concepts on various topics...that worked out pretty well.

There is also normally a split session for kyu ranks vs. black belt ranks so you can get some training specifically geared for your skill level.

Each festival has had different things going on so it is hard to truly say what to expect. One year we had a sessions with a Silat instructor in addition to the taijutsu material. This years theme has definitely generated some speculation and interest and I for one am looking forward to seeing what is coming.

Hope this has helped answer your question.