PDA

View Full Version : Movies with Soke

stormshadow
28th February 2003, 16:45
Does anybody know what all movies and TV shows Hatsumi Sensei has been a part of, either as an actor or historical advisor? I have heard that Hatsumi Sensei and Takamatsu Sensei helped with the "Shinobi No Mono" series, and I saw where Hatsumi Sensei aparently played the role of Hattori Hanzo in a paricular movie. Is this true?

kabutoki
2nd March 2003, 13:24
hi,
it is true that hatsumi and takamtsu helped the producers of "shinobi no mono", but only for the first two parts i think. these can be purchased via ebay. a chinese company reedited them, but beware of the englisch subtitles. though basically good they have the chinese reading for japanese names of persons and places.
i never heard of a movie featuring him as hattori hanzo. he was also adviser and main character in the tv series "jiraya" which is not availiable outside japan, at least as far as i know. i would love to see it, but i think itīs a little bit like power rangers...

karsten

stormshadow
3rd March 2003, 03:13
I found this reference- 3rd to last bullet point listed on the Atlanta Bujinkan site: "Dr. Hatsumi Starred in a Japanese movie on the life of a famous ninja, Hanzo Hatori." It would be great to see this movie.

Daniel Lee
3rd March 2003, 04:43
Bujinkan's Hatsumi-sensei was martial arts advisor (bugei koshouka) for the series "Yagyu Ichizoku no Inbou". There is lots of bujinkan-style action in this series - the 70s hairstyles and traditional attire crack me up!

Sidarta
5th March 2003, 05:07
Originally posted by kabutoki

he was also adviser and main character in the tv series "jiraya" which is not availiable outside japan, at least as far as i know. i would love to see it, but i think itīs a little bit like power rangers...

karsten

In fact Jyraia is (or at least was) available outside of Japan. It was quite a hit among the kids in the late 80's and early 90's here in Brazil. It was on TV several times a week and there were toys, backpacks, clothes and other souvenirs everywhere. I think it is still possible to find the tapes in second hand VHS shops or in dusty forgotten corners in childrens' sections of some video rental stores.
Indeed it is a lot like Power Rangers except he was only one (he had two helpers though, I think) and his enemies were not giant monsters.

cheers,

Sidarta de Lucca

Rokushakubo
5th March 2003, 08:39
"You Only Live Twice" (James Bond)

I don't know whether he had an active part in the film (don't think so), but Broccoli and co. consulted with him prior to making the film about including Togakure Ryu Ninjutsu in some form in the film.

kabutoki
5th March 2003, 09:56
hi,
iīm not sure where i read it but i thought they had an appointment but didnīt show up so hatsumi left. i donīt have my books here so i canīt quote the source.

karsten