PDA

View Full Version : Secret ????

In-yo
3rd March 2003, 11:10
Just a thought if the shuko (tekagi) were secret tools of the Togakure ryu why do so many Koga ryu (& even the Fuma ryu) teach this weapon and have it as part of their syllabus? Was it not as secret as I thought or just a real cool ninja weapon that people thought all ninjas used?
Just wondering

monkeyboy_ssj
3rd March 2003, 17:19
I thought Fuma and Koga Ryu's as you put it were fake?

I would not pay attention to these teenage shidoshi clubs...

Cheers

The Tengu
3rd March 2003, 18:56
Originally posted by monkeyboy_ssj
I thought Fuma and Koga Ryu's as you put it were fake?The only Fuma Ryu in America that I know of is headed by "Harunaka Hoshino" and it is a fake ninjutsu system.

Also, the Koga Ryu system from New York headed by Ronald Duncan is also not an authentic ninjutsu system.

They were both prominently featured in the old NiNjA Magazine rag that was popular during the 80's and early 90's. There's some really funny stuff in there. I'm planning on scanning in some excerpts from my copies and making a "tribute" page to the more elaborate zebra-striped dogi and the intricately complex "Masters In Action" sections.

I got an info packet once from the Fuma Ryu that I wish I had saved for posterity. Good stuff.

You can also find plenty of entertaining posts on these systems if you do a search in the E-Budo archives.

Onmitsu
3rd March 2003, 22:44
I have been told that in the past, different Ninja villages or clans had thier own specialty weapon. additionly, this may be a regional thing. If you lived in a mountainous forest one can see where climbing claws might be common. Also running sideways (yoko arashi) in hilly terrain is easier and takes less energy.

Some Ninja were known for using sound to send messages ,while another group was known for their long distance running ability. Yet still another was known for their redish black dye which was said to remove poisons from water when the cloth was used as a filter.

Rodgers
4th March 2003, 05:30

I would not pay attention to these teenage shidoshi clubs...

You may find this frightening, but every fake club I've seen - that is every fake club advertising in my area - was made up of a predominately adult population, "sensei" included (Some sensei were in their 40's). There was a middle-aged man I read about in the papers, not too long ago; he inaugerated his own ninja clan - weapons, suits and all - and together they went around committing all kinds of crimes (Murder included). Ironically, not many teenagers (In Australia) are interested in that sought of thing (ninja, etc., many are skeptical of all martial arts to begin with. I'm just saying that it's best not to assume; as they say, when you assume: you make an ass out of u and me both.

Cheers
Benjamin Rodgers