PDA

View Full Version : A Quest Hakama question

Noodles
4th March 2003, 03:43
For Oni in particular, but for anyone familiar with the Quest Centers:

Do any of the Quest Centers train in Hakama? I ask because 1) I have a friend who claimed to have seen pictures of training in black hakama with blue keikogi with a Quest logo and I was curious about it and 2) it'd be pretty damn cool.

I talked to Marissa Hayes at the Dayton center, and she wasn't sure; said that perhaps the Tampa Quest Center had trained in them sometime in the past. Anyone else know anything? Thanks in advance, folks.

Oni
4th March 2003, 05:15
Originally posted by Noodles
For Oni in particular, but for anyone familiar with the Quest Centers:

Do any of the Quest Centers train in Hakama? I ask because 1) I have a friend who claimed to have seen pictures of training in black hakama with blue keikogi with a Quest logo and I was curious about it and 2) it'd be pretty damn cool.

I talked to Marissa Hayes at the Dayton center, and she wasn't sure; said that perhaps the Tampa Quest Center had trained in them sometime in the past. Anyone else know anything? Thanks in advance, folks.

I believe that the Tampa Quest Center has some sort of Hakama thing going with their Shadows of Iga style training program. They started it after I left Tampa though so I have not actually seen it in person, only heard about it.

As far as I know (although I could be wrong) they are the only Quest Center that does so...although I have worn mine at graduation events, and at my wedding.

Attached is one of the pictures I have online of me during one of our graduations....

Sabre
5th March 2003, 00:05
It looks like the dojo you are talking about is the columbus quest center. I know that the jinenkan also uses hakama... but here is a pic of people in columbus from their website
http://www.columbusquestcenter.com/Shadows.html

Oni
5th March 2003, 01:11
Cool...looks like I was wrong. They are fairly new so I don't know too much about them.

Noodles
5th March 2003, 01:52
Yeah! That's the picture my friend saw, I'm sure. Columbus, you say. That's interesting-I plan on moving up to Columbus when I enter Ohio State University this coming fall, and hopefully I'll be able to move from the Dayton QC to the Columbus QC with minimum difficulty. Extra bonus! Thanks!

N8y5000
5th March 2003, 02:28
John...I showed you THAT picture along with the other two that I had.

caleqs
18th March 2003, 19:47
I went to a seminar at the Quest center in Tampa the year it opened, I think, that Mr. Hayes was at. I was the only one in hakama. I wasn't training in ninpo at the time. I went to check it out and to meet Mr. Hayes. The school I was training in (Aikijitsu) wore hakama all the time. Kind of silly now that I look back on it. We were learning an art that had its roots in Japan, but was really a Philipino jiujutu style. So the hakama were completely out of context. Still fun to have trained in them for a year. Anyway, I sort of stuck out like a sore thumb at the seminar. =)