PDA

View Full Version : Columbus, OH

Fnor
5th March 2003, 22:48
Sorry to be a bother (I'd imagine you guys get a lot of this), but I've looked near and far and I haven't found anything in Columbus. I'm looking for a kenjutsu-focused school (hopefully katori shinto ryu) and have had 0 luck so far. Thank you very much.

Charlie Kondek
6th March 2003, 13:28
Oh, no, that's not right! There's the Classical Kendo federation run by Kotaka-sensei. It's a kendo/iai/kenjutsu school with roots in a branch of, if I'm not mistaken, Itto-ryu. I have trained with some of these guys at a kendo event, and they were sweet, and their org. sounds sweet. Get on it, man!

Contact information:

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Garden/6305/

Loaded really weird when I clicked on it just now, but I have been able to view this in the past. A simple Google search under the terms reveals other sites.

Fnor
6th March 2003, 17:48
Yes, there is that, but I cannot find any contact information, which is just as good as it not being there (until they fix their page, at least).

gendzwil
6th March 2003, 17:54
Web page works fine for me. Contact for the Columbus dojo is Kotaka-sensei himself, Sadao Kotaka (614)885-3181.

Fnor
6th March 2003, 18:23
Thank you very much for the number.

Brian Stokes
7th March 2003, 05:04
If you are interested in taking up the Suio Ryu contact Daniel Tackett at Hepcity@msn.com. He runs a study group at Grove City Karate.

Brian Stokes

Brian Stokes
9th March 2003, 18:23
Grove City, Ohio that is ... about 15 minutes southwest from downtown Columbus.