PDA

View Full Version : Kamiza, etc for sale online

J. A. Crippen
19th March 2003, 23:46
Does anyone know of a jinja that sells kamiza (and other things like omamori, etc) online? There are plenty of places to get kamiza but they have not been invested with kami as they would be if sold through a shrine. I'm looking for a shrine that would sell such kamiza online somewhere.

If nobody knows of a jinja that sells their gifts online then maybe someone should start suggesting this to the staff at their favorite jinja...

I bought omamori at Izumo Taisha Kyo in Hawai`i when I was there recently but getting a kamiza packed in my luggage was just too difficult to consider. Answering questions to the security personnel would have been embarassing too.

Moriki
20th March 2003, 12:41
Shrine`s are usually sold empty, and you then have to have a priest do a special ceremony to enshrine the Deities.
World Mate is a Shinto based organization if you become a Branch member you can get a Shrine enshrined with Amaterasu OOMi Kami and then a priest will also come to your branch and enshrine other deities.
For more details contact:Ms Maiko Naito / Mr Toyokatsu Habata

WORLD MATE USA BRANCH (wmny@earthlink.net)

yours
Brian Carpenter
GWNBF/KJJR UK KOMORI DOJO
WORLD MATE MEMBER

Moriki
23rd March 2003, 11:35
Or have a look here: TSUBAKI SHRINE OF AMERICA (http://www.tsubakishrine.com/test/home.asp)

Yours
Brian Carpenter
Dojo Cho
GWNBF/KJJR UK KOMORI DOJO
WORLD MATE MEMBER