CEB
20th March 2003, 16:10
Hello my name is Ed, whats yours.

Nyuck3X
20th March 2003, 16:38
Mr. 64658878

If you are affiliated with Mr. Wehrhahn, can you tell me who
he trained under in Kobayashi/Shorin-ryu? The link you
provided only goes into his Goju-ryu and Kobudo roots.

Thank-you.
Respectfully,

20th March 2003, 18:40

Sochin
20th March 2003, 19:01
Dom,

we've heard this before, but it has been decided we want a full name.

This topic will be deleted if you don't comply soon.

You signed on to follow the rules and there they are, at the bottom of each page.

20th March 2003, 19:05

tora dojo
21st March 2003, 20:24
The following was taken from www.sanshinkai.org

About Shihan Roger Wehrhahn

Shihan Roger Wehrhahn began his training in 1969 in Kearny, NJ with an excitement and enthusiasm that has now spanned almost three and a half decades. His studies began under the tutelage of Sensei Richard Pegram a 6th dan in Okinawan Goju-ryu Karate Do. Sensei Pegram was known for his insistence on exact detail and the precise execution of the basics, kata and the drills of Okinawan Goju-ryu Karate. He also had a keen eye when it came to recognizing the potential of this new student, Roger Wehrhahn, so he became his mentor and began instructing him in the secrets of Goju-ryu Karate. Later, Shihan Wehrhahn began training with Sensei Thomas Mulligan an extraordinary martial artist who assisted with instruction at Sensei Pegram’s Dojo. Sensei Mulligan was known for his kicking and sparring ability and through this balanced blend of kata, basics, drills and kumite the foundation was laid for Shihan’s deep appreciation and understanding of Karate do. Later in the mid seventies, to compliment his empty hand training, Shihan began training in Okinawan Kobudo under Shihan Robert Herten. Kobudo is the ancient weapon art of Okinawa that consists of but is not limited to the bo, sai, nunchaku, kama, tunfa, eku and the nuntebo. While training in Okinawan kobudo one evening at Shihan Herten’s Dojo, one of Shihan Herten’s black belts had just returned from Japan and gave a demonstration of “Iaido” Japanese Swordsmanship. It was a demonstration of Omori-ryu, which is the shoden level or the first level of the Muso Shinden Ryu. This was indeed the first time that Shihan Wehrhahn had ever witnessed a demonstration of the Japanese sword art. While not even understanding it at the time, there was a mysticism and intrigue about this beautiful yet deadly art. So, sometime in 1980, Shihan Wehrhahn began training in the arts of Ken Jutsu and Iai. Although these were not formal studies with one particular instructor, but rather focused seminars and training sessions with various masters of several different sword ryus, Shihan was developing an appreciation for Iai and a thirst for an orderly disciplined form of sword training.
In 1984, he received an invitation to attend a summer long series of seminars from the Japanese Swordsmanship Society of New York. The society had been sponsoring Grand Master Mitsuzuka Takeshi annually to teach in the U.S. Shihan Wehrhahn accepted and attended all the seminars taught that summer by Mitsuzuka Sensei. It was actually that summer that Shihan began his formal training under Grand Master Mitsuzuka Takeshi. At the end of Mitsuzuka Sensei’s visit he issued an open invitation to everyone who had attended the seminar to come to Japan and to train at his dojo. Shihan Wehrhahn took him up on that invitation and by September, that very same year, was in Tokyo Japan studying Iaido at the hombu dojo. It was then that Mitsuzuka Sensei realized how serious this new student really was and that this lifelong relationship of Teacher and student began. Throughout the years Shihan Wehrhahn has been fortunate to have Grand Master Mitsuzuka stay with him at his home on his annual visits the United States. Sensei stays anywhere from two to ten weeks per year depending on his schedule and duties back home in Japan. Shihan still travels to Japan on a regular basis to continue his own instruction and to bring his students to train at Sensei’s dojo. Shihan Wehrhahn holds the rank of 6th dan in Muso Shinden Ryu Iaido in the San Shin Kai, 5th dan Okinawan Goju ryu, 4th dan Kobayashi Shorin Ryu and 4th dan Ryukyu Kobudo. Other than the above ranks, Shihan Wehrhahn has in his 30 + years of training studied Kyokushin Kai Karate Do, Moo Do Kwan Tae Kwon Do, Aiki-jujutsu as well as Hakko Ryu Ju Jutsu. Shihan Wehrhahn continues to focus his training and teaching on the arts of Iaido, Kobudo and Karate Do and is available for lectures and seminars.

Nyuck3X
21st March 2003, 20:44
I've been all over the web site provided.

All I wanted to know is, who is Kobayashi/Shorin-ryu
teacher was and what was his affiliation. I'm not
questioning his legitamacy.

Peace

tora dojo
21st March 2003, 20:58
I thought it was in his bio? Sorry, here it is.
Robert Herten Sensei, Frank Hargrove, Sensei and Nakazato Sensei.
Hope this addresses your question.
Thanks,

Nyuck3X
21st March 2003, 21:44
Thanks Tora.
I read that he studied kobudo with Hertan Sensei, but it wasn't
clear whether his karate training was with him too.

It just bugs me to read peoples bios and have ambiguous
claims. Like that Juko-kai lady. She claims shorin-ryu
lineage but doesn't supply references.

Thanks again for the clarification.

Peace.