2nd April 2003, 05:30
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/kittyfan.php

Just close the stupid pop up windows.

Striking Hand
2nd April 2003, 05:34
Sorry, I don't find that funny at all.

Ron Rompen
5th April 2003, 05:16
Although I agree that it was not 'funny', my entire family laughed for about 20 minutes.......

Mekugi
5th April 2003, 07:14
CAT-A-PULT!!!

Man that is funny....anyone who doesn't think so belongs to PETA ;)

poryu
5th April 2003, 07:38
My 7 year old daughter just started kicking me for laughing, no matter how much she kicks I still cant stop laughing

Mekugi
5th April 2003, 08:16
I was cracking up out loud in the office....people were wondering what was wrong ...then they noticed it was just me and all was settled in a head shake and a return to busywork...

Originally posted by poryu
My 7 year old daughter just started kicking me for laughing, no matter how much she kicks I still cant stop laughing

GreySilk
8th April 2003, 13:22
Oh man...that was pure gold...i couldn't stop replaying it and laughing my ass off. People in the control room are looking at me funny...uh oh...hehhehee

Mushin San
14th April 2003, 19:46
where is the humor? I am not a member of PETA, but I do not find humor in the suffering of the cat.

PHILBERT
14th April 2003, 21:12
Darwinism. (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Darwinism)

Mekugi
14th April 2003, 22:46
Sheesh...how was the cat suffering??
The humor is that it's real. The kitty wasn't seriously hurt- heck my cat takes leaps off the top of the house and walks away without a scatch. The fact that he was twirling around in the air attached to a ceiling fan is a combination of comic phenomenon that the Three Stooges can explore explain. This is coming from a full fledged cat lover...the kind that has three cats being babysat back at home (and they aren't cheap kitties either).

Mushin San
15th April 2003, 12:21
I agree cats can take amazing falls with no damage, but the cat on the fan did not have time to perform proper ukemi

CEB
15th April 2003, 23:46
Kind of reminds me of the Koala bear from The Adventures of Ford Farelane for some reason.

Striking Hand
16th April 2003, 00:05
Originally posted by Mushin San
I agree cats can take amazing falls with no damage, but the cat on the fan did not have time to perform proper ukemi

Plus, the don't enjoy hanging by a claw while being swung around.

My Cats got even upset if one of their claws got stuck and they couldn't free themselves.

elder999
16th April 2003, 00:20
Get over it. It's not as though he put the damned cat in the dryer with a brick, or anything. I mean, that cat jumped up and went for a ride itself, and cats are notorious for NOT doing what they're told, so....blame the cat.

Striking Hand
16th April 2003, 00:28
Originally posted by elder999
Get over it. It's not as though he put the damned cat in the dryer with a brick, or anything. I mean, that cat jumped up and went for a ride itself, and cats are notorious for NOT doing what they're told, so....blame the cat.

Yeah, sure.

Pull the other one it hatheth bells on.

So the Cats Toy got by itself on the rotating Fan and the Camera was by accident sitting there switched on.

Gimme a break, that was a deliberate setup.

PHILBERT
16th April 2003, 04:47
Yeah, just like ironically you see videos all the time of stupid crazy weird things happening just by accident. Like when that one cat is sitting there with his front paws in the air moving around and the other cat tackles him.

Besides the cat got up and walked off. When I was a stupid kid I did things worst to cats and the cats walked away fine.

Striking Hand
16th April 2003, 04:52
Originally posted by PHILBERT
Yeah, just like ironically you see videos all the time of stupid crazy weird things happening just by accident. Like when that one cat is sitting there with his front paws in the air moving around and the other cat tackles him.

Did I say that I enjpyed those or approved of them?

I don't even visit the Circus or watch Animals perform.

Besides the cat got up and walked off. When I was a stupid kid I did things worst to cats and the cats walked away fine.

Meaning? That it is the right and correct behaviour towards an Animal.

See you over on KFO.

Mekugi
16th April 2003, 06:28
I am not of the opinion that the people involved knew that the cat would become snared and fly around the room.

Usually, these type of things happen by accident.

-R

Originally posted by Striking Hand

Yeah, sure.

Pull the other one it hatheth bells on.

So the Cats Toy got by itself on the rotating Fan and the Camera was by accident sitting there switched on.

Gimme a break, that was a deliberate setup.

Genex
16th April 2003, 11:37
I've got that one, its so kewl, obviously fake but fscking hilarious!
pete

ChrisMoon
21st April 2003, 21:59
Some people need to lighten up. If the worse thing that is going to happen in the world today is a cat getting tossed by a fan then we are doing ok.

Besides it was pretty damn funny. I just emailed it to my gf and she is appalled. Probably going to with hold sex or something which makes it even funnier.

TimoS
29th April 2003, 14:38
Ah, that one. Yeah, I remember when that started making rounds. I thought it was hilarious! I'm working for Nokia and apparently our PR people thought otherwise, because they even issued a separate press release about it, basically saying that even though it is done using trick photography, "we are not amused" :)

william northcote
3rd July 2003, 16:08
Wasn't this clip shown in Austrailia?

For I have seen similar on the viral chart on lycos.co.uk. One was of a man calling a small terrier dog and then doing a soccar kick up and over the fence for William Hill chain to place betting on the F.A cup final in the UK.

ZanShin2003
5th August 2003, 08:11
Sure... you all laugh now.... But just you wait.....

Mekugi
5th August 2003, 08:26
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
That is sooo funny dude!!

-Russ

IZA
21st August 2003, 11:04
I think the cat was having some fun. :D

TCI
15th September 2003, 00:45
Only pussies use the AWP, ZanShin2003! :D :D :D