PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Ki, Reiki, and sanity?

bruceb
4th April 2003, 16:05
After reading the ongoing battle to have any type of rational discussion with Kimpatsu, Mr. Tony Kehoe, Mensa certificate holder and smarter that Wyle E. Cayote (Super Genius), I am beginning to wonder what type of stress motivates his insults, and what parts of his thinking process are slowly driving him, and most of us, insane?

No, really. In all seriousness.

Budo and the Body is not just about the physicality of practice, but the use of the human body that gives off signs of illness in many forms of behavior, physical conditions of the body, and sometimes is reflected over a period of time as not just a physical illness but a mental illness.

I must admit, I know what my mental illnesses are, how they sometimes try to overwhelm my physical efforts, and it has taken many, many years to identify them in relation to physical behavior.

I am seeing a whole variety of responses from Mr Kehoe that would seem to be in denial of his own scientific data, his experiences, and ignore the very basis of scientific studys that show results from studys, be they in small percentages of provable results, but they, none the less, show a direction of results in relation to Ki, Reiki, and other weird phenonmenon we try to discuss with a modicum of decorum.

Could it be the first signs of mental disease that many geniuses show from time to time disconnecting our Tony from reality and manifesting itself in this belligerant behavior?

Just the sound of Ki, or Reiki sets him off in a full range of posted replys that deteriorate into a variety of insults that kill threads?

In relation to this subject of Body and Budo, what can we do to help Mr. Kehoe get a hold on his problem?

Or is this a symptom of some types of improper training that uses parts of the mind that separate one from reality and manifest anger, or improper behavior sometimes labeled as Prison gang behavior? The kind of belligerance that has little to no respect for anyone or anything?

I don't know.

There are, obviously, some measurable conditions the human body exhibits when people claim to use ki, or use Reiki, but it may not be as great as we would like to believe it is, but it is there to be measured, none the less. If we take these phenonmenon for what they are, and don't blow them out of purportion, I think we can actually come to some conclusions that will clear us many misconceptions that seem to be circulated.

What concerns me is .... Mr. Kehoe has become both a circulator or misconception, and an opponent of misconceptions with his posts ... how weird is that?

I don't want this to be an insult fest, but seriously .... I am starting to see a pattern to posts on particular subjects, and a pattern of behavior that is leading to a mental breakdown. ( Yeah, I speak from experience on that too, although mine was stress induced from undiagnosed Meniere's disease thirty years ago.)

Anyway....

In using the deeper mental applications of the human mind, it seems to be a proven fact that the human mind uses parts of the brain that separate us from reality. Every single experiment, or attempt to measure how the human brain is used points to this fact of signals being sent, and recived, but being rerouted to let the mind think in a different manner, or to bypass the safety mechanisms of the normal cognizant mind which recognizes rational thought and the bodys sensory inputs. This being the normal operation of the sane, affable, cogent human being, the use of this higher brain function, such as is found in many Mensa certificate holders, gives rise to the many mental diseases that seem to be linked with psychologically identified diseases and abnormal behavior.

( The use of alcohol or drugs to relieve this stress seems to aggrivate this condition more than to relieve it. I bring this up as an observation.)

This is my concern for those who pursue the use of Ki, Reiki, or other means to use higher brain functions without putting safety protocols into place as a means to keep this insanity from overwhelming ones grasp of reality? And ... I am starting to see the conversations of Ki and Reiki doing that to Tony.

Well...

This is a recent discovery, and something I have had in the back of my mind for many, many years. If not for some of the fine referrals to links by members of E-budo I would have not come to realize just how widespread this problem was, or that the cause of it was from not a physical condition, but from using a part of the brain that not only be used in higher brain functions, but for rerouting pain, or causing a self hynotic state that allows us to fool ourselves from the reality of what is really happening.

I don't claim to be a genius, or have the ability to fix other people lives, but if you see someone running into a brick wall time after time, and blood starts running out of the wounds, I would think someone would stop that person from hurting themself? Wouldn' t you?

Apply the simplicity of seeing, understanding, and doing to this subject.

Are we seeing what is real, or are we interpreting the data wrong?

Is Mr. Kehoe showing signs of a disease, or am I imposing my own experiences onto his obtuse means to respond, his continued behavior to use insults as a means of discussion, and every post with any type of advice being a personal attack upon Mr. Kehoe to which he must respond as being my own version of Chicken Little, or should more of us take the innitiative and bring this to light?

I don't know?

Can higher brain functions cause insanity?

I remember some kind of report about mental illness in Mensa members, but that was twenty years ago, and these old brain cells aren't what they used to be.

joe yang
4th April 2003, 16:35
Hey Bruce, Tony gets just as nuts over God and religion. So what. That doesn't rock my faith. He can rant all he wants. It's a Tony thing. I yank your chain about ki. I'm only kidding. You give it back, that's cool. I wouldn't say Tony makes a religion of science, which he preaches with a missionary zeal, cause that would be wrong and set him off, so I won't say it. :D

Bob Steinkraus
4th April 2003, 19:54
Originally posted by bruceb
After reading the ongoing battle to have any type of rational discussion with Kimpatsu, Mr. Tony Kehoe, Mensa certificate holder and smarter that Wyle E. Cayote (Super Genius), I am beginning to wonder what type of stress motivates his insults, and what parts of his thinking process are slowly driving him, and most of us, insane?

No, really. In all seriousness.
Oh please.

Simple rule of thumb - If someone makes a claim, and receives a request for verification that the claim is true, genuine thinkers and quacks respond in different ways.

Genuine thinkers produce the evidence and reasoning that underlies their claims.

Quacks base their claims on anecdotes that cannot be verified, and then make ad hominem attacks on those who persist in asking.

Your silly and insulting post is an example of the second.

There are, obviously, some measurable conditions the human body exhibits when people claim to use ki, or use Reiki, but it may not be as great as we would like to believe it is, but it is there to be measured, none the less.
If that is indeed true, you should be able to produce the rigorously designed studies and/or experiments that demonstrate these alleged conditions, and show why the conditions could only be produced by a new phenomenon.

Well?

I don't want this to be an insult fest, but seriously .... I am starting to see a pattern to posts on particular subjects, and a pattern of behavior that is leading to a mental breakdown.
So you don't want an insult fest; you just want to accuse him of suffering from mental breakdown.

Right.

This is my concern for those who pursue the use of Ki, Reiki, or other means to use higher brain functions without putting safety protocols into place as a means to keep this insanity from overwhelming ones grasp of reality? And ... I am starting to see the conversations of Ki and Reiki doing that to Tony.
Even more idiotic. Tony has never pursued the study of Reiki, since no evidence of its reality has ever been forthcoming. The best you can do is to call him names, because he refuses to take your word for what you claim to be true.

Can higher brain functions cause insanity?
If it does, your despicably insulting and small-minded post gives me reason to suspect that you have nothing to worry about.

Gene Williams
4th April 2003, 20:53
Bob, The people insulting Tony are the types who, when told to do double blind studies, ask, "Where are we going to find two blind guys who will let us study them?":rolleyes: Gene

Exorcist_Fist
4th April 2003, 22:31
Here are my thoughts.

This thread should be closed.

tmanifold
4th April 2003, 23:09
I think it should as well and I will close it but I want to say something first. This is the third thread on that issue. It is the second to continue a thread after it has been closed. Let the issue die for a few days. I have no problem with discussions as long as they stay civil. Disagreeing with someone or saying their claims are wrong is one thing but insulting someone or attacking them is not. I don't care how many smilies you put behind it. Some of you (not just the four in this thread and I will not name names) are being watched very carefully by the mods so I would suggest you rein in the sarcasm, cutting sense of humor, mean streak or what ever you call it for awhile so everyone can enjoy e-budo.

Topic closed, Let it die for a while.