PDA

View Full Version : Rare Books, Videos & Other Budo Fun!

A.J. Bryant
11th April 2003, 11:54
Budo Housecleaning!

Video Set:
1. Tennen Rishin-ryu (of Shinsengumi fame; kenjutsu, iaijutsu, etc.)
2. Kiraki-ryu (jujutsu, jojutsu, kusarigama, etc.)
3. Suio-ryu (Iai-kenpo, kenjutsu, kusarigama, etc.)
4. Daito-ryu 39th All Japan Taikai (Daito-ryu & various koryu)
5. Itto Shoden Muto-ryu (Yamaoka Tesshu; kenjutsu)
6. Shinei Taido 2-Tape set (Noriaki Inoue, nephew of Ueshiba sensei; aiki)
7. Toyama-ryu Iaido (the video produced by Quest, not sure of the branch)
8. Nakamura-ryu Battodo (Nakamura Taisaburo sensei)
9. Hokushin Itto-ryu (kenjustu & battojutsu)

NOTE: All above are sold as a set only: $175 (less than $20 a tape--trust me, it's a good deal. Feel free to price many of these out online. All have only been viewed a handfull of times. All contain origional jackets.)

7. Tapes 1-8 Muso Jikiden Eishin-ryu Iaijutsu (Masayuki Shimabukuro. These are currently out of production and rare): $100

8. The Deity And The Sword 1 & 3 (Otake Risuke; Katori Shinto-ryu books. Excellent shape): $75

9. Brand new 5mm Kendoshop bogu: $75 (+$25 shipping)

10. Tozando "Basic" Iaito, 27 inch blade with moss tsukaito & black saya (good shape, about a year old. Only problem is the tsuka was removed and when reassembled, the habaki munched the base of the ha slightly and sits off kilter. The fittings are tight and the sword is in good shape however.): $75

Digital Pictures are available by emailing. All prices incude shipping within the U.S., except where noted. I'm only willing to accept Paypal payment only, sorry (hey, it's fast, easy and free). Feel free to respond or email directly with any questions.

andrew_bryant@lycos.com

O'Neill
11th April 2003, 15:54
There are two sets available- ones were he is barely able to move and the newer ones by aikido journal, when he was younger and still sharp?
Let me know if you ever get any ono ha itto ryu. Thanks.

A.J. Bryant
15th April 2003, 11:11
The 9 tape video set has sold.

A.J. Bryant
16th April 2003, 11:36
The Deity & The Sword books have sold.

Mateo
17th April 2003, 00:24
Mr. Brant,

Are the videos spoken for as of yet?

Are any of them produced by the Japanese Ministry of Education? ( I love those! )

Matt

A.J. Bryant
17th April 2003, 01:23
The Eishin-ryu iaijutsu video set is still for sale. This set covers the entire curriculum of the school, as taught by Masayuki Shimabukuro (Shoden, Chuden, Okuden, Tachiuchi kata & Seiteigata).

D.Kaiser
24th April 2003, 14:28
Do you still have the Tozando Iaito?

A.J. Bryant
28th April 2003, 23:32
Pictures can be seen here: www.geocities.com/indybudokan (http://www.geocites.com/indybudokan)

D.Kaiser
29th April 2003, 17:00
Andrew, I'll take the iaito. E-mail sent this morning.

Bob Blackburn
29th April 2003, 20:30
Hi Andrew, I'll take the Eishin-ryu Iaijutsu tapes. Sent you an e-mail all ready.

DCPan
29th April 2003, 23:34
Originally posted by A.J. Bryant

10. Tozando "Basic" Iaito, 27 inch blade with moss tsukaito & black saya (good shape, about a year old. Only problem is the tsuka was removed and when reassembled, the habaki munched the base of the ha slightly and sits off kilter. The fittings are tight and the sword is in good shape however.): $75

andrew_bryant@lycos.com

Andrew,

How in the world did you get a "kakinagashi" groove in a basic model?

Kakinagashi grooves are usually not available except in higher models...

Had I known....

David :D

A.J. Bryant
29th April 2003, 23:45
The Eishin-ryu set has been sold.

The iaito has been sold.

To David Pan: It was a special that had both Basic and Higo koshirae attributes.

Thank you.

D.Kaiser
30th April 2003, 14:47
Iaito is sold, but not to me. Mr Bryant informed me he was holding it for me pending payment and sent me his address to send funds to. E-mailed last night to inform someone else had send payment and I was out of luck. Guess I'm the sucker on this one, at least he let me know before I sent my hard earned money, although I'm still out for the MO and postage.