PDA

View Full Version : Got loads of Scotch and not been drinking it lately.

Steve Williams
12th April 2003, 22:19
Just been on a bit of a health kick......

Too many "empty calories"....

May get back into my "collection" in a couple of weeks.

Steve Williams
12th April 2003, 22:20
Anyone else go through a similar phase, or is it just me?

Chuck.Gordon
12th April 2003, 22:24
You got Good Scotch and aren't drinking it?

What the Hell is wrong with you?

Send it to me.

Chuck

Steve Williams
12th April 2003, 22:59
I got about 4 bottles of UNOPENED single malt..... and another 3 bottles that have been opened.....

Tragic I know, just not been into it at the moment..... :eek:

David T Anderson
12th April 2003, 23:49
Originally posted by Steve Williams
I got about 4 bottles of UNOPENED single malt..... and another 3 bottles that have been opened.....

I'm really torn... I bought a bottle of Edradour single malt when I was visiting Scotland last summer. It's the nicest whisky I've ever tasted...but it's not exported from Scotland because they don't make more than a little.

If I start to drink it, before long it will be gone...:(

Neil Yamamoto
13th April 2003, 00:31
4 unopened and 3 open, sad. Just sad.

Naw, I go through cycles too, sometimes it's just not what you feel like drinking. I was out with friends the other night and didn't drink Scotch or Irish Whiskey, startled everyone. Hell, I just had one beer the whole evening.

Try an experiment, drink a really crappy blend, just buy one of those little sampler bottles. Then drink some good single malt. All of a sudden, your taste buds wake back up and go "Hey, you've been holding out on me!"

Edradour is a great whisky when it's on, but I've had a horrible bottle of the stuff. Over sherried and vile. Comes from some bad times at the distillery and over use of barrels is what I was told. Most of the problems at the distillery have disappeared, but everynow and then a bad bottle pops up.

It's pretty readily available in the USA, but Canada distribution is differnt from the USA, so some stuff is much harder to get.

On the other hand, Canada does turn out Bush Pilot and Schenley OFC 8 year old, pretty darn good stuff to make up for lack of Scotch.

Steve, ya know, those bottles may be going bad on you. Let me be the taste tester to make sure they haven't gone bad. I only have your best interest at heart. Really.

Steve Williams
13th April 2003, 18:33
Originally posted by David T Anderson

I'm really torn... I bought a bottle of Edradour single malt when I was visiting Scotland last summer. It's the nicest whisky I've ever tasted...but it's not exported from Scotland because they don't make more than a little.

If I start to drink it, before long it will be gone...:(

You can Get it online from here (http://www.globalwhiskyshop.com/store/index.cfm) so you can drink your "stash" and get more :D

Gene Williams
13th April 2003, 18:37
What's the best price on Lagavulin 12 and 18 you guys have seen? It is hard to find here, and I'm seeing 75-80 bucks for 12. Gene

Steve Williams
13th April 2003, 18:39
Originally posted by Neil Yamamoto
Steve, ya know, those bottles may be going bad on you. Let me be the taste tester to make sure they haven't gone bad. I only have your best interest at heart. Really.

Do I look stupid...... :rolleyes: :eek:

I fell for that before, I know it takes a lot longer than that to go bad :p ;)

Steve Williams
13th April 2003, 18:44
Hi Gene
You can buy Lagavulin 12 in supermarkets here for about £20 a bottle (about $30 US?)
Not seen the 18, but you can get 16year old for about £28 here......

Gene Williams
13th April 2003, 19:27
My God! Lagavulin in supermarkets for 30...We are so backward here in the colonies:D Gene

David T Anderson
14th April 2003, 04:56
Originally posted by Steve Williams

You can Get it online from here (http://www.globalwhiskyshop.com/store/index.cfm) so you can drink your "stash" and get more :D

Thank you! Hmmm...33PS per bottle and a 16PS delivery charge... I think I'll be drinking it slowly in any case...