18th April 2003, 01:55
Yao - "Do you accept checks?"

Cashier - "Yo!"

Yao - "Yao!"

Cashier - "Yo!"

Yao - "Yao!"

Ron Rompen
18th April 2003, 15:39
George: Are you really bored today? Or did you just want to exercise your fingers?
:D :p ;)

George Kohler
18th April 2003, 16:40
Hi Ron,

Yes, I was bored.

Are you able to see this credit card commercial in Kitchener? The TV commercial actually has the Chinese basketball player, Yoa, who plays for the Houston Rockets.

Yao is trying to buy something from a store in NYC, and asks if they take checks.

The Cashier, a female, points to a sign that says "No checks" and says "Yo!"

Yao thinks that she is trying to say his name, so he replies with a "Yao!"

BTW, Kitchener is a lovely town. I went there in October 2000.

Ron Rompen
19th April 2003, 15:09
I don't think I've seen that commercial yet, but I'm sure it will be on up here one of these days.

Were you up here on business, or just visiting?

George Kohler
19th April 2003, 17:06
I went there because the 1st Genbukan Canadian Taikai was held there. The Canadian Shibu-cho, Troy Wideman sensei, lives and teaches there as well.

The hotel were we stayed, and also where the taikai was held, was the Sheraton in Downtown.

Ron Rompen
20th April 2003, 01:13
I'm glad you enjoyed yourself here. I moved to K-W from N Ontario about 20 yrs ago.....found that the people here are (usually) pretty good.

Try coming up for Oktoberfest some time :toast:

George Kohler
20th April 2003, 02:20
Originally posted by Ron Rompen
Try coming up for Oktoberfest some time :toast:

I was there during that time. They had something going on across the street from the Sheraton. It looked like a castle. Anyway, there were a few beauties wearing German style dresses walking around.

Ron Rompen
20th April 2003, 17:45
Yeah, King Ludwig's castle.....did u get out to any of the beer tents? I did it a few times when I first moved down here, but I'm getting a little too old for that stuff now (translation: my wife won't let me play outside any more)