PDA

View Full Version : bo staff...please stop!

johnst_nhb
18th April 2003, 20:00
hey all,

anyone notice folks saying "bo staff"? i hear it quite a bit and it is a pet peeve..its like saying "stick stick"...

its just bo or rokushakubo!

anyway just a rant!

;)

p.s. i know this is a meaningless post, but i could not resist!

Victor
19th April 2003, 01:58
John,

It's really just saying, "It's a Bo Bo Boo Boo!" said Yogi Bear.

Now that's telling my age,

Victor Smith
Bushi No Te Isshinryu

johnst_nhb
19th April 2003, 02:00
Victor,

sadly, i get what you are saying!

LOL!

Gene Williams
19th April 2003, 03:26
Hell, ya'll, I remember Ding-Dong School, Mighty Mouse, and Roy Rogers on Saturday afternoons. :p PS I don't know if I'm bragging or complaining:confused: Gene

Victor
19th April 2003, 10:14
Yep,

Roy Rodgers and Trigger, Dale Evans and Buttercup and Pat Brady and Nellybelle.

Then there was Tom Corbett Space Cadet, the Lone Ranger with his silver bullets, and Annette....... always Annette.

Did we have it better or what?

Victor Smith

Ron Rompen
19th April 2003, 16:23
Anyone else but me remember Razzle Dazzle, with my favorite charactger Howard I Threadneedle, the poetic tortise.

Gene Williams
19th April 2003, 17:24
Victor, Good old Annette FunnyJello:D Can you go back as far as Hopalong Cassidy and Gene Autry? I got in on the tail end of them. How 'bout the Green Hornet? Gene

Victor
19th April 2003, 20:31
Sure Gene,

Hoppy and Gene and Roy and the Lone Ranger. All they needed was a six shooter and a strong right cross, but they were allowed to double kick off the floor.

How about Captain Midnight, I even remember hearing the Green Hornet and the Shadow (Lamont Cranston who knew what lurked in the hearts of men) on the radio (replays I'm sure).

Or the original Man of Steel, Superman, Clark Kent, who fought a never ending battle for truth, justice and the American Way!

Victor SMith

Steven Malanosk
19th April 2003, 21:57
Actually it's a Kon damn it!

But then some say or spell it as Kun.

I like what Hatsumi reffered to as in his old book = "Stick Fighting."

Although the bulk was on Hanbo = half stick, still a "stick" = Kon none the less.

Oh! You guys left out Bo Bo the dog faced boy................