View Full Version : Translation question

Ron Rompen
20th April 2003, 01:16
Hi guys.....

Someone please help....I need the Japanese phrase for 'I have gas'

Long story...don't ask why.

Adam Young
20th April 2003, 12:36
"watashi wa gasu ga tamatteiru." or, more informally "gasuppoi".

Ron Rompen
20th April 2003, 17:56
Thanks adam....you are a gentleman and (obviously) a scholar.

Adam Young
20th April 2003, 21:32
That is no problem at all.

But I am neither a gentleman (though I try) nor a scholar (though I wish I was). I am just a guy with a wife who speaks Japanese natively and was about 10 ft away when I asked her the question. ;)

Ron Rompen
21st April 2003, 21:41
Thats the next best thing :-)

karateka11
26th April 2003, 17:33
What is the translation in japonese for "How are you"

thanks guys

ps i just started karate 8 months ago and i love goju ryu and i want to know whut kata's i need for yellow belt please!

Peace out black belts

Adam Young
26th April 2003, 17:35
"O-genki desu ka?"

Joseph Svinth
26th April 2003, 18:28
On the kata, you'd have to ask your senpai or instructor, as the order in which kata are taught depends upon organizations, instructors, etc.

Often, though, Okinawan Goju will start you with kihon (stance or basics) kata and/or sanchin. Meanwhile, in Japanese Goju systems, you're likely to start with a taikyoku series or sanchin.

Geki sai is another common entry-level Goju kata.

Morio Higaonna's books and tapes are recommended for Okinawan Goju. For Japanese, check Motoo Yamakura's books.

Charles Goodin's tribute to Chojun Miyagi, at http://seinenkai.com/salute-miyagi.html , is a good place to start for historical background on the Okinawan Goju system.

Moderator hat on: Per E-budo policy, please sign your posts. The easiest way to do this is to put it into your profile.

sepai 85
29th April 2003, 20:52
Mike san
It was not a paticuler logical question about you yellow belt requirments. All those it is important to talk to other martial artist it is also very important to ask as many questions as possible to the sempai's or sensei's or shihans in your federation. The reason I say this is because your senior belts wont be around forever and you want to be able to take as many opportunities as possible to help. I have a quotation for you told to me by a great sensei it is "a good student looks for rather than waits for opportunities to help". So if you work truly hard at your dojo and listen to your senpai's and sensei's then you will be rewarded.

oh yes and your transalation ganki deska
yours in shugyo

michaelCODY
8th May 2003, 18:05
Any chance I could get this translated for a customer? "Compactor designated for cardboard, styrofoam and plastic only."