PDA

View Full Version : Sensei??

hinata
23rd April 2003, 20:58
Hello I'm New Here my name is Jill and i really love kendo but I'm thinking about starting up with Iaido, now where I live theres one person who teaches Muso jikiden eishin Ryu iaido and i was just wondering weather anyone knows if this sensei is legit and if so if he's a good teacher anyways his name is James(Jim) broadwell and if anyone could give me some insite as to weather or not he teaches legitimate koryu i would appreciate it greatly. Thank you very much.

Neil Yamamoto
23rd April 2003, 21:13
Yep, he's legit.

Some of the MJER people who prowl e-budo will have more details.

Course, you could do a google search using "Jim Broadwell iaido" and pull up a lot of the information you are looking for too.

Charles Mahan
23rd April 2003, 21:51
I'm guessing Jikishinkai? Kinda figure most of the MJER instructors who I haven't heard of probably are.

Scott Irey
23rd April 2003, 22:13
I can vouch for Jim. Very legitimate and one of the founding members of the Canadian Iaido Association. Provided it is the same James Broadwell I know who teaches MJER...there can't be too many really :) I might add that Bob Davis who teaches with Jim is also an outstanding practitioner and has quite a few years of experience. In your part of the world, you are not likely to find more qualified instructors of MJER.

Charles Mahan
23rd April 2003, 22:29
Whoops my mistake. He's CIA and thus ZNIR. There are plenty of CIA folks I don't know about.

ghp
24th April 2003, 01:22
There are plenty of CIA folks I don't know about. And that's how we'd like to keep it. OH! ... by "CIA" you mean Canadian Iaido Association. Damn! That always makes me blow my cover.

Guy
[who's never been to the Farm, Langley, and other interesting locations .... really!

FastEd
24th April 2003, 17:59
Originally posted by Scott Irey
I can vouch for Jim. Very legitimate and one of the founding members of the Canadian Iaido Association. Provided it is the same James Broadwell I know who teaches MJER...there can't be too many really :) I might add that Bob Davis who teaches with Jim is also an outstanding practitioner and has quite a few years of experience. In your part of the world, you are not likely to find more qualified instructors of MJER.

Come on Scott! You should know that there are also plenty of Canadian Kendo Federation MJER people in the Southern Ontario region. ;)

Scott Irey
24th April 2003, 18:26
Well Ed, there are other MJER people in that part of the world, but nobody I have met personally. Jim and Bob's iai I have seen and I consider it quite good, so I am willing to vouch for them. And besides as the senior American member of the CIA, I have to promote my own ;)