PDA

View Full Version : Irate husband strangles nagging wife

Cody
26th April 2003, 10:11
Irate husband strangles nagging wife

CHIBA -- A man has been arrested for strangling his wife after she pestered him to buy a house, police said Saturday.

Nobuo Ozaki, 57, admitted to the allegation of choking his wife, Yoko, at their company-owned house in Ichikawa, Chiba Prefecture, Friday morning.

The couple reportedly had a furious row Thursday night after Ozaki brushed aside Yoko's request to buy their own house saying, "We can't afford it."

Ozaki told police that he mounted the lying Yoko and began choking her with his hands at around 6 a.m.

When he realized that she was not breathing, he told his 24-year-old daughter to call an ambulance.

Yoko, 53, was taken to a hospital but died without regaining consciousness Friday afternoon.

Police arrested Ozaki as he was nursing his wife at her bedside.

(Mainichi Shimbun, April 26, 2003)

Vapour
30th April 2003, 19:42
??? What is the point of this news? This kind of stuff happen all over the world. Only amazing thing is that, in Japan, this made it to the national newspaper.

Tripitaka of AA
30th April 2003, 20:18
.. which may well be the most salient point!

Big news in Japan, are the kind of stories that often go unreported elsewhere. Which says something about the relationship between crime and public interest. Ignoring stories like this says more about the countries in which it doesn't make the front pages.

Cody
3rd May 2003, 09:45
whoa Vapour, I didn't know it has to be nationally shocking news to qualify for this forum :rolleyes:

What's my point? I don't have one. But then maybe Japan isn't as esoteric as you like to think? I am not really trying to make any statement with my postings, but your responses to these news, can speak volumes about yourself =)

-Cody