PDA

View Full Version : one hikite or much ?

diogene
27th April 2003, 16:53
Hi every body and sorry for my bad english...I'm french.
So I'm a karate practitionner (shotokan) and I would know if someone has heard about the nine different hikite yet ?
I've got some ideas to this subject and I'm gonna talk about it to you the next week !
Thanks in advance.

CEB
27th April 2003, 17:56
Content pour vous rencontrer. Quel est votre nom?

diogene
27th April 2003, 19:09
Guillaume COQUILLE,
I'm very glad to chat in this forum !

Sochin
27th April 2003, 21:08
:You are welcome here, Guillaume,

just read the forum rules at the bottom of each page, ok?

diogene
30th April 2003, 16:20
No problem Sir !
That's right to me.

diogene
30th April 2003, 17:19
As promised you, I’m gonna talk about hikite, and to begin, let’s me present four of it !
I took the example of an unspecified striking right hand :

1. Hikite with the left hand to the left hip (with closed fist) : it’s very classical in shotokan karate. But the disadvantage is the lack of protection, specially to the head. The force comes to the hip and the spine. Perhaps, it's also a an elbow strike against an attacker coming to behind you ?

2.Hikite with the left hand to the left ear : it’s the same like in boxing. Good global protection.

3.Hikite with the left hand to the right ear : even if you prepare an uraken (back fist). The elbow is just below the chin.

4.Hikite with the left hand behind the head : perhaps it's a kind of uppercut, an ura tsuki against an attacker coming to behind you. Or a kind of guard for armed warrior. For example, your right hand takes a sword or something like that and your letf hand, takes a small knife, a shaken, a shuriken...I think this kind of hikite can be usued without weapon.

Sochin
30th April 2003, 17:35
Great!

I'm glad you agree!

Now, re-read rule #1:

Forum Rules:
Please sign your posts with your full name.

and notice it applies to every post.

Have you noticed the topic called Karate Forum Etiquette at the top of the Karate Fourm menu? I ask because not everyone will know what you mean by "hikite".

By the way, I'm waiting for the others...:)

diogene
30th April 2003, 17:38
Oh, please excuse me, I'm not very good in english and in... computer!

diogene
30th April 2003, 17:45
Now, it's good. I found how put my name below my post.
I try to explain what is hikite en english, but it's not very easy to me. Hikite is what doing your right hand when you do a movment with your left hand; and reciprocally.

CEB
30th April 2003, 17:58
One of e-budo's all time classic karate threads

The chamber thread (http://www.e-budo.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14002&highlight=chambering)