PDA

View Full Version : SeiTei Jo Seminar in Guelph May 16-19th 2003

FastEd
28th April 2003, 20:34
Seeing as we want more posts here, I wanted to let people know that, (based on a previous post) I am thinking of posting all information on the (ZNKR) SeiTei Jo updates that we recieve during our seminar in Guelph, with Namitome Sensei.

Would this be of interest? If I can (i.e. if I have the time and energy ;)), maybe it could be arranged so that if there are any questions on the changes, I could write them down and look for the answers the next day (during the semianr)?

Any positive or negitive feed back on this idea?

Ed

Ong Han Beng
6th May 2003, 07:44
Hi All,

Can anyone (if energy allows:) ) briefly explain the fundamental changes made to the ZNKR Seitei Jo Kata and reasons (ideas) behind these changes. Are the changes made to compliment the ZNKR Kendo Kata.

Thanks
PO

MaikeruRogers
6th May 2003, 08:15
Dear Fast Ed:

Sounds like great idea. I vote yes. Post everything you can learn during the seminar. The more info the better.

Michael Rogers

Andy Watson
9th May 2003, 15:03
I agree, it sounds like a great idea. In my mind, trash being the exception, the more jo info the better as at the moment there seems to be a lack of the stuff. I'm not alluding to the opinion that everything on this site must be true but at least it will promote intellectual debate.

Ong Han Beng - Please see previous postings to answer your question.

Regards

Nashie
10th May 2003, 15:41
I would greatly appreciate any information to supplement what Andy Watson and Myself picked up, in February with Yano Sensei.
For information on that seminar see British Kendo Association web page
http://www.kendo.org.uk/newsevents/misc/yanoishido03.shtml
many thanks for the offer, that is if you have any energy left after a days training.

Andy Watson
12th May 2003, 14:30
Ed

Can you confirm his name as he came to the European Championships last year and his documentation from the ZNKR said his name was Namitome but I was under the impression that his name was Namidome and that this was a typo.

If it turns out that I was wrong then I have to officially stand in front of the next BKA meeting, drop my trousers and apologise to someone called Chris Buxton. It could all end in tears (whichever way you read the word "tears").

Regards

FastEd
16th May 2003, 00:00
Hi Andy,

Yes I believe this is the same Sensei. And unfortunetly for you it is "t" not "d". ;)

Anyway, the seminar starts tomorrow so I will start passing on what I can gleen from the seitei practice. Take care.

MaikeruRogers
16th May 2003, 16:07
Dear Fast Ed

Why don't you ask Namitome/Namidome sensei how he pronounces his name directly at the seminar? Solve one of the life's little mysteries for us all. ;)

Anyway, have a great seminar.

Keep stickin'

Michael Rogers
Nagano City