PDA

View Full Version : kimono patterns

kennin
11th September 2000, 19:39
Oh dear...
Shame over me: before the 'Big Crunch', I received some VERY interesting URL's via E-budō with patterns for kimono.
Unfortunately I've lost them all... Booooohoooohoooo!
Is there someone who can provide me some patterns of traditional samurai kimono, hakama and the strange overjacket (how was it called...) female as well as male, please?

THXalot!

kabutoki
12th October 2000, 01:27
Hi Achim !
Lange nicht gesehen .
Do you think of instructions how make a kimono or do you mean the patterns printed on the cloth ? For the first possibility I can offer you help.
Yours Karsten

Tami
12th October 2000, 13:09
Patterns for kimono/yukata, hakama, Japanese field clothing, hapi and haori, and many, many other interesting clothing items and costumes (not only from Japan, but all around the world and throughout history) are available from Folkwear, Inc., The Taunton Press, 63 S. Main St., P.O. Box 5506, Newtown, CT 06470-5506 USA.

Kimono pattern is #113; hakama is pattern (actually it is detailed instructions) #151; Japanese field clothing pattern is #112; hapi and haori (which says it includes pattern for tabi) is #32129.

Folkwear patterns are available online from various vendors including http://www.larkbooks.com.

I have made two yukata from their pattern and they both turned out beautiful.

kindest regards,
Tami

kabutoki
12th October 2000, 13:20
Hi Tami !
Nicer to read you again. How was Japan ? I´m so sorry we couldn´t meet in Noda. We left Tokyo on Friday in the first week in september.
Please send me a mail.
Karsten